Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a black , 7 month old black female separated for a week from my male , 1 yr old siamese. the last couple days, the black female has bolted into the room with my siamese, i cannot stop it.....she is so fast./..///well, the last couple days i have been letting her in 4 times ...and today about 6 times.....she keeps pawing at my siamese male when he gets close, like she is the boss...the 5 time i let her in, my siamese jumped on her, and they were rolling on the ground together, not enjoying each other....it was not real bad, but not friendly..i separated them...an hour later, the black female bolted into the living again...and when i was letting her chase a toy, the siames thought it was a good time to jump on her again...this time the female hissed...i separated them , the female lighting bite me...and the siamese male thought it was a good idea to nip my leg....i don,t get this.......not sure what to do , other than separate them for a week again, or just let them fight it out

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the humaine society said i could bring back for another cat, i may do this....the cat just not friendly towards my cat, i can tell it would take a lot of work to get them to be friends..there are some cats at the pound that are friendly toward cats....rocky, my siamese, is friendly, and likes cats.

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
Having them together too soon didn't work out well. You could start all over, but it sounds like you've given up on her already.

But if you don't follow some good introduction guidelines, it could happen again.

Cat-to-Cat Introductions | Little Big Cat

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would be shutting the Siamese away before opening the door where the other cat is so if she bolts the Siamese is safely in his own space.

For many cats a week is not long enough, as suggested keep them apart and re-do the intro

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would think 1 week is much much to short of time to introduce cats. My only introduction was about 3 months . Of course I didn't press it by daily meetings. The introduction was also a black cat about 8 months old that showed up at my doorstep on a cold winter night.
Resident cat is very laidback and most agression came from the new one.
I had a safe room set up. The first thing I did was bring the new cat out, holding him, and let the older cat see her. The older cat was then well aware of the new cat.
When Colonel, the older cat, was outside or asleep upstairs. I would close the door to the up stairs a let Onyx, the new cat, out to have free roam of the house. I would also give her lots of cuddles before putting her back in the saferoom. I would then go and get Colonel and give him cuddles while Onyx's scent was still all over me.

We kept this up for a while. We did have some escapes where fur flew. Mostly Onyx was the aggressor. Would of thought that she would of learned from a few good thumpings from Colonel, but she didn't.

I then put Onyx in a large dog cage and left them seperate it out between the bars. Didn't work real good. Colonel would apraoch the cage and Onyx would go into Hissing fits.

I then purchased Rescue Remendy and started putting it in both cat's water. Stopped using on Colonel after a week. He was not having as much of a problem accepting Onyx as Onyx was accepting him.

I would rub a few drops of the remendy between Onyx's ears before I started any introductions. It took about 2 weeks, but the big break through came when they both were sitting face to face each taking turns swatting at the Da Bird daggled between them.
Now they are best of buds. Eat out of the same dish and chase eachother around the room.

It takes time and each cat is different. Please take your time and good luck

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i quess i can try longer....the new cat, just not that friendly, not even towards me...seems like she might have some wild in her......i will keep them separated for awhile . i just thought it would be easier going to the pound and get a cat friendly cat.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
i just thought it would be easier going to the pound and get a cat friendly cat.
Definitely much easier to dump the one you got and get a new one than to go through all the trouble and hassle of integrating this unfriendly and lesser cat into the household.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what about letting the new one run in the living room, older cats room,, if i lock him on the pattio..;...its so hard to keep the new one in the bedroom, she is very determine to run past me into the living room??

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they don,t get along too good, but they sure want to be in the same room......screaming to all be in the living room

·
Registered
234 Posts
what about letting the new one run in the living room, older cats room,, if i lock him on the pattio..;...its so hard to keep the new one in the bedroom, she is very determine to run past me into the living room??
That is what I would do. I wouldn't just lock the older cat in the patio though, if it was not use to being there. If older cat is not use to being in the patio, I would move her feeding station there. Let new kitty have access to the house at feeding time. This will move its scent around.
I noticed that you are in AZ, so the patio would still be a good sunning spot for the older cat.

Oh as a side note. My older cat, I beleive has a lot of Siamese in him.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its not like they jump on each other, the new female acts like boss, putting her paw up like she is going to swat the older cat...and after about 20 close meetings, the older siamese get ticked, and they are rolling on the ground, paws flying...its strange, they want to be in the same room...i got to fight to keep the new one out of the living room with the older cat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts