Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I been searching around the net awhile back for advices prior my first kitten and found this amazing web forum. Bookmarked awhile back and finally registered here. :cool:

I am currently located in outskirts of maehongson(Thailand) and got my first kitten(Cheese) 4 days ago, born on 14th august.. His parents breed are unknown and was the only kitten left in the litter when the owners gave it to me. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the Thai language and only information I managed to get about Cheese was his birth date and his weaning food.

Cheese is currently on his weaning diet, Maxima brand dry food with no corn, soybean and low in magnesium from the package. Not grains free, consist of lamb, lamb by products and rice. Not the best thing out there but unfortunately cheese get diarrhea even when i introduce a little of werura wet food into his food, so i guess i would wait for his digestive system to be alittle more mature.

The nearest vet hospital is in Chiangmai, (1.5 hour flight away) my plans are a complete check up, neutering when he is at 3. I am still considering vaccination and im still reading the downs and ups about vaccine, btw Cheese would be a strictly indoor cat.

Now I am alittle worried about cheese and would really appreciate for any advice as the nearest vet is about 1.5 hour flight away. His corner of his eyes and nostril seems to have removable little brownish dirt every morning. I am not too certain if this is normal, i tried searching around and really afraid that it might be feline acne, fur mites or even herpes. I have attached some details below

the above pic was after i had clean most dirt out from his eyes. Its alittle hard to see but bottom nostrils arecaked with dark brown stuff

this was taken when i was halfway cleaning his nostril and eyes while he was sleeping.

other than that, he seems to be a really really playful and wild kitten. He still shy alittle away from me but he always like to come to me in the middle of his nap! :heart here is he sleeping next to my laptop

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
He is adorable!!!

My two cats got diarrhea when I first tried to switch them to wet food too. You can try again in a couple weeks after he's settled in.

I don't have any other advice, but there are some other people here on the forum who have had experience with the brown stuff.

·
Registered
804 Posts
He is adorable!! As for the brown stuff, sometimes it's nothing, sometimes it's from the herpes virus; is he sneezing or anything? Even it if is herpes you can give him l-Lysine and it'll help clear it up. I get 500 mg human tablets, crush them up, and mix it into wet food, but you can get l-Lysine treats too as I'm not sure how you'd mix the powder into his dry food...

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
All four of my cats get eye crusties. As long as it's just that little bit, like when you wake up in the morning, don't worry about it. If there's tons of it, it's goopy and he look uncomfortable and blinks constantly...then it's a concern. But don't be too worried about it the way it is now. :)

He's absolutely adorable!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
My kitten eustache had eye and nose secretions but he also smelled like cheese. If it smells bad chances are its herpes. Eustache had an eye ointment and he was fine after that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts