Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two kitties that don't get along and am looking for help!!

I have a five year old female that I have had since she was a kitten. She has always been a finicky cat, very slow to trust, not a cuddler. It took me a long time to get her to trust me enough to sleep at the foot of the bed! We had to move in with my mother for a while, who has five cats and my cat had a very bad experience with them. So, I understand why she doesn't like the new feline in the household.

The new kitty was found in our yard as a kitten, in a rainstorm. I tried to find him a home, all the while becoming more and more attached while bottle feeding and taking care of him. 4 months later, he is strong healthy and curious. I'm waiting til he's fixed to let him outside. He has not expressed any aggression towards my female cat, just the yearning to play!

I understand the many why's my female cat dOesnt like our new addition.( She has never attacked, just swats growls and hisses) I just need to know if they can get along, and how I can do it! Any help is appreciated!!!!

·
Banned
42 Posts
One thing you could do is feed them at the same time, 3 feet away from each other, and keep getting closer every day. Also, do every thing you do with one cat with the other at the same time. If they share tings they enjoy, promote doing it to both at the same time. It is hard to say, but catnip might do the trick, too! These are possible methods, I do not guarantee they will work, but do not shut the cats together, as they might seriously injure each other.

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Most adult cats are tolerant of kittens. Swats and growls are warnings. Adult cats teach kittens the rules.

Here is an article from Little Big Cat which might have some tips in it for you.

Cat-to-Cat Introductions | Little Big Cat

Little Big Cat has a great library you should book mark for future reference. It has helped me a lot with info and questions Ive had.

Article Library | Little Big Cat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts