Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow cat lovers

I have 10 cats and have had multiple cats all my life. However, my 10th cat at the moment is a female we trapped 3 weeks ago and she is very pregnant. With all the cats I have ever had, this will be my first that will have kittens. I will be asking for some information about her impending delivery and hope there are some folks with similar experiences out there.

The other 9 are mostly DSH's in various colors. We do have a blue point Siamese who rules the house and a Bengal who thinks he rules the house. That can get somewhat interesting at times.

We also share our home with 3 birds (2 Amazons, a Sun Conure), a Bearded Dragon, several goldfish and betta fish as well as 2 mice and 2 rats. We like to think of it as a small, well-rounded zoo.

Talk to you all soon.

Colleen
Middlesex, NJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is my pregnant cat normal?

Hello all

So, our recently trapped kitty is VERY pregnant. I don't know exactly when she was bred but I believe we should be around week 9 by now. She is eating, drinking and using her litter pan. And getting rounder by the minute. I took her to the vet a week ago to have bloodwork done to test for all the usual bad stuff but she freaked out and the only one who gave blood was me. I don't believe she was feral because after only 3 weeks I can pet her, scratch her head and put my hands around her abdomen but I cannot yet pick her up. I do feel alot of squirming in her abdomen so I know the kittens are growing. She does spend alot of time sprawled out on the floor where it is a bit cooler and probably more comfortable for her large belly.

My concern is that her "butt" has been a bit wet on and off over the past couple of days. Is a slight discharge normal prior to going into labor? There's nothing brown or smelly involved. Due to her still slightly wild status, I can't just run her into the vet for a quick checkup. I've been carefully monitoring her behavior and, like I said, everything seems pretty normal.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Colleen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts