• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm assuming I thought of it first :wink: I've never seen anything else like it but I'm sure it's out there somewhere.
Anyway, my cats always seem to want to play when I'm busy around the house. I've tried randomly attaching their toys to me somehow so while I'm moving about I can still play with them. I've tried sticking their wands through belt loops, tying things to me...I've done it all.

So I came up with this idea...What do you guys think???

All I have to do is slip it on my ankle and go about my chores or whatever it is I'm doing. The strings dangle behind me, attracting the cats and they chase me all over the house. I wore it all night. The strings are long enough that I don't trip over them and the attached toy. The new kittens and my older kitties all went nuts for this!

Then I got the bright idea to put it over the doorknob...they loved that too!
I didn't have the flash on for this one but you can vaguely make out the new kittens going after it.

Here's my big kitty Surfboard. At one point he was getting a running start for his attacks!

I'm thinking about making these to sell on eBay. Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions? Lately I've been contemplating the idea of a non-profit agency for kitty rescue and other related kitty needs. This may be the beginning of it :? I trust your opinions so I thought I'd introduce it to you first. I'm going to let mine try and destroy it before I try selling it to anyone else. That's one thing I hate about kitty toys...they ALWAY get torn up. If I do decide to do this then I might need some additional kitty testers. Anyone interested???

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I often tie One of Dylan's squeaky toys to the wardrobe door if I am in the bedroom doing something and he goes mental with it!

(makes a mental note to get a piccy soon)

I guess it'd be good if kitty chases feet and you wanted them to attack something else other than your feet :p

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I think its a great idea :) Addison won't play with anything that isn't moving already so I think I'd just be up for the ankle one, but who knows what he does while I'm away... I'll try out the door knob toy too :) He likes eating feathers, hehe

·
Registered
465 Posts
That's a great idea!! I have this toy that I'll hold and it drags along behind me, but it gets annoying to hold it. It would be much better if it's attached to my foot!

·
Registered
282 Posts
It sounds great! My kitties love moving toys, but waving a wand around gets boring for me pretty quickly. And I know they love doorknob hangers already. Just make sure you don't include bells on the toy! 8O *jingle, jingle*

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are great! As soon as I have time to make more and perfect it a little better I'll send some out.

Rayona--Why not bells? Noise? Health hazard? Metal object?? This first one does have a bell on it just because that's my kitties' absolute favorite. I can make one special just for you though if the jingle jingle drives you nuts!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, the jingles drive me bonkers! I once tied a jingle bell to a shoe string and then tied that around my bedroom doorknob. Boy was I regretting that at about 3 in the morning. So maybe detachable bells? :wink: My kitties always find the noisiest toys at nighttime.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I always tie a string toy to my ankle too and my cat constantly chases after me! it's a good thing to do when you're busy doing sometihng

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a great idea! Oliver is forever staying in between my feet or sleeping on top of my foot so combining his two loves (feet and toys to chase) would make him really happy!

It'd be great if you started up a store on eBay. It's my favorite place to shop and there aren't enough kitty friendly thimgs up for auction.
Good luck!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would definitly get one of those - my cats love chasing after my feet anyway - and it would be nice if they just went after something behind my feet rather than tripping me up when they jump on them. Have you had problems with the cats getting a grip on the string yet? I think if Tigger managed to get his claws into it - he might end up tripping me anyway. =P

·
Registered
381 Posts
I tie things to our dogs collar or tail and the cat goes wild! It is hilarious!!!

My cat would probably love this!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its a good invention for declawed cats and people who dont have enough time to play with there cats, I had something like it but I got rid of it when 2 of my clawed cats attacked my legs on accident.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
None of my four (all with claws) have gotten too good of a hold or have attacked me by accident. I made the strings long enough so that there would be less of a chance of them getting under my feet. This of course isn't to say that would never happen...
This toy wasn't intended to be a substitute for daily playtime, just an addition. Although I spend a considerable amount of time playing with all of my cats each day, there just seem to be times that they want to play when I am busy. Unfortunately for them, meals have to be cooked, the dishes have to be done, and the house has to be picked up. I've found it also works great to keep them from trying to help me type while I'm on the computer :) I guess not everything works for everyone, but for me it is a great addition to the kitties’ toy collection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts