Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our indoor/outdoor (former feral) cat Beeper wears a safety collar with a tag. She doesn't like it a while lote, but oh well :roll:

I know Scully does not "belong" to us, but I am nervous that she might try to slip out (she's not spayed yet, so that would be extra bad). If so, I would like her to wear some sort of collar and temporary ID, just because she eyes the door a lot, and this is a new area for her.

But is that okay with the kittens around? My only concern is that they would try to bite at it or get a little leg stuck. I understand that I'm a little paranoid, so I was just wondering...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I don't see any danger in having Scully wearing a collar - it would be certainly the safe thing to do.
Read AddFran's thread right here :

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8536

That was such a fortunate situation - Now hopefully Addison won't get out anymore but having a collar increases dramatically the chances of her being returned to her mommy - if she rans out again that is, although she didn't seem thrilled with the outdoors :D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Totally agree. Chances of her getting out and probably much greater than one of the kittens getting hurt by her collar.

·
Registered
192 Posts
my kitten is indoor but we put a collar on her for mainly 2 reasons

1) just in case she gets out
2) we can barely hear the metal jingle as shes running around hiding ;)

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That seems like a great idea. I think I'll put one on order, but still have a temp collar around until then, just as a precaution. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I actually get their catalog which is where i saw it first. The funny thing is that in the catalog (got it yesterday) the collar they had in the picture actually was a lavender color and had the name "Scully" on it.
I thought of you right away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts