Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cat with an osteosarcoma on his left foot and basically it's just a matter of time before I'll need to euthanize him. I've been giving him tuna every day because he loves it and still has an appetite. It is only one meal of the day. I have two other cats and I can't give tuna just to him without them getting some so I give them a little. They are 17 and 9 years old and the 17 year old has CRF.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving Tuna to the others every day..... it's awfully high in mercury...

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Plus, it's so hard to get them off of it, it's kitty crack. I gave Cinderella whatever she wanted when I found out she was sick. I was just happy she was eating.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Can't the cat's leg be amputated to save his life instead of just waiting for his time? I can understand if you don't have the money for this or if there is no hope. If he will eat other food do that instead of the tuna. If not, give him whatever he likes, but don't give the other cats any. They might not like it but it's for their own good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts