Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if that sounds silly, but I keep finding confusing things online - and even when I talk to people it seems that theyy are the same breed. I just never realized that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sol hit the nail right on the thumb! :wink: A Himalayan is actually a Persian with color points, like a Siamese. Makes one wonder why they were not named Siamese Persians...

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
560 Posts
Himalayans are actually a combo of Siamese and Persians (from the origin of the breed). They keep breeding with Persians to strengthen the body shape.

This is how it goes from what I've read before

Black persian + siamese = short haired black cats

Now... you take the short haired black cats - and breed them with a batch of other cats that have the same black perisan and siamese combo - and you get a Himalayan more or less. Since they have so many Himalayan cats now - they just breed those together.

I'm sorry about the lack of sorces for this post - I can't remember if I read it out of a cat encyclopidia or a cat breeders magazine.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I dont' get what you mean on your website by "self" cats. I've never heard this term before, can you tell me what it is? Also -- I've only ever heard of "lynx point" -- not "tabby point." Is this different?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ForJazz, in the first time escuse me for my bad english :oops: .
In the "FIFe language", self is a simple colour (blue, red etc., without smoke or lynx), when all hair have the same colour from root until point (you understand me? :roll: ) and "tabby" yes, is "lynx" (FIFe use this word for that).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts