Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that "My Name is Earl" is the funniest, most creative show on TV. I literally laugh out loud during every episode. Are there any other fans out there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,858 Posts
YES! My husband never watches television, but we came across an episode via a friend, and we've been hooked ever since.

The show is brilliant. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Keen Eddie was great too

I love Jason Lee -- he's been great in just about everything I've seen him in (from Clerks to My Name Is Earl)

he's even back in Clerks 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many viewers aren't aware of this, but Earl, Randy, and their buddies live in western Maryland. The characters often make references to real locations, and the show's creator went to college somewhere nearby.

Let's be honest -- the characters are pure white trash, and the show constantly makes fun of them. If the show weren't so hilarious, and if the characters hadn't been created with such comedic affection, there'd be plenty of people out there protesting the stereotypes.

Some of my favorite moments:

When Randy wanted to go to the state fair to see the world's tallest midget (the previous year, the state fair had featured the world's shortest giant...probably the same guy).

Joy and Darnell's liquor store bridal registry ("8 bottles of tequila...got it")

Earl, Jr., the kid with history's biggest Afro.

Last night's flashback episode, when the gang thought that Y2K had ended the world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,980 Posts
My husband I just discovered this show! Very funny indeed. It is now set to record every week on our DVR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Argent said:
Keen Eddie was great too

I love Jason Lee -- he's been great in just about everything I've seen him in (from Clerks to My Name Is Earl)

he's even back in Clerks 2
Jason Lee was in Clerks??? He has been in a pile of Kevin Smith movies, but I think Clerks is one he was not it...

At any rate, I agree, Jason Lee is always good for big laughs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Hey we even get that here in the UK on digital - I watched it the other day for the first time and thought it was a hoot (it was the one where his ex was getting remarried)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey we even get that here in the UK on digital - I watched it the other day for the first time and thought it was a hoot (it was the one where his ex was getting remarried)
I can't believe the show airs in the UK! Yes, the marriage episode was hilarious...that was the one with the bridal registry at a liquor store.

I'm surprised that the humor translates across cultures. Really, the whole show is about Americans making fun of and laughing at an American stereotype.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
I've never heard of this show. I'll have to check it out. I'm like Sheng Mei all I ever watch are investigative/crime type shows.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
reprot said:
I've never heard of this show. I'll have to check it out. I'm like Sheng Mei all I ever watch are investigative/crime type shows.
My fiance's family watches the show, and they got me hooked up on it. I would never had discovered the show by myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Dusty&Lou said:
Argent said:
Keen Eddie was great too

I love Jason Lee -- he's been great in just about everything I've seen him in (from Clerks to My Name Is Earl)

he's even back in Clerks 2
Jason Lee was in Clerks??? He has been in a pile of Kevin Smith movies, but I think Clerks is one he was not it...

At any rate, I agree, Jason Lee is always good for big laughs!
My bad -- he was in all the other ones except Clerks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,549 Posts
Hey all -- at 8:30 eastern time tonight they're having a repeat before a new "Earl." It's the one with Giovanni Ribisi (or however you spell it) -- my favorite part is when they're playing hockey or whatever and someone gets chucked into a door.

After is an all new "Earl" and "Office" -- both look good!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top