Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Io had crazy poos last night. The aftermath looked like a crackhead in a walmart bathroom. I guess she was trying to get it off her fur, but it was on all sides of the box, the walls, the floor, and all up and down her legs, tail, and stomach. Right in the middle, uncovered, was the offender, at a somewhat jaunty angle... Anyways.

So I get the room and her cleaned up (NO FUN) and went to bed. After I got her breakfast this morning, she ate and scuttled back to her box and did a totally normal poo. Not even stinky.

So, questions;

1. Do I need to bring her to a vet? She's got not no other health/behavioural symptoms (other then being mad at me for the bath). I wonder because her next BM was fine.

2. Did she go to kitty Taco Bell while I was napping?

3. Can this kind of thing just happen for no reason and be fine? I have very little experience with healthy young cats, so I'm not sure what's normal. For the record, this is the first time she's had anything worse than a dingleberry. She couldn't have rattled these dags if she tried, though.

4. Any thoughts on the cause? I haven't changed anything in her diet lately (She's been eating down a can of Evo 95 beef for two days now, so same food before and after the problem). The only thing I can think of is that I switched to a different kind of disinfectant wipe for the sides of her box between cleanings. But I always wipe all the excess with water, and could it cause one bout of the Hersey's but then be fine the next time? (I used them to clean up her "art installation" last night.

5. Before I got her cleaned up, she was trying to clean herself. I'm not sure how much she ingested, but can this be a problem? I think I got her into the bath quick enough, but immune system or no, I feel like eating that much of your own fertilizer might cause further tummy upset.

TLDR; Is an isolated case of diarrhea worth a vet trip? What could cause it? Plus lots of poop jokes.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I call those instances "wait and see puddings"....see whut I did thar?

I just hold out and see what happens for a day or two, I usually give a tiny bit less food with a little MORE water added to it to prevent dehydration. If I see any other symptoms like lethargy, lack of appetite, crankiness, etc I start to get worried (well, more worried).

She may have licked a plate, ate a bug, or whatever. A few nights ago while Book was still locked in the bathroom eating his dinner I shared some leftover dinner with MowMow (let him lick the juice off the place) and man, he had some serious pudding poops that night. Poor kid. Lesson learned, he can't handle my crockpot Mediterranean vegetable 'stew'.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you did thar, I see it.

I'll water her dinner down and do as you suggest. She's bouncy and into everything (buggint he construction guys outside the window atm :D ). I hope this isn't something that happens often, though. Yuck.

I appreciate the small things, though. She stayed off the carpet and our bed, so it was only cleaning lino and walls. Thanks, Io (ir her new nickname - Stinkface demonbutt).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts