Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Frances is a 5 year old maine coone cat.
Discussion Starter #1
so i live on a farm and i have one dog so we have lots of dog food and sometimes i feed my cat (Frances) a peace of the dog food i don't feed it to her for a meal just for fun only like once a day but i don't know if it's safe and healthy for my cat. she seems to like it definitely not as much as her treats though.
thanks for any suggestions!

Premium Member
You definitely need to feed cat food to cats!
They have different nutritional needs than dogs!
A nibble here or there, is not cause for concern, just make sure kitty i getting kitty food for ALL main meals!
I have a dog that likes to sneak the cat food, and the cat repays it by trying to sneak a few tidbits of the dogs food!
I keep a very close eye on their shenanigans tho'!馃樅

Registered
A little bit of dog food is okay, but often and/or in large quantities is not. I'd stick to Frances' food and treats, if I were you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
A little bit of dog food is okay, but often and/or in large quantities is not. I'd stick to Frances' food and treats, if I were you.
that's what i thought but no i just only feed her about one a dau for sure yeah i might stop feeding her the dog food.
thank you guys so much!

Registered
Long term, dog food comes up short for nutritional needs of cats. I had to feed my cat dog food for a short period because my pay check was short. Cat food will harm dogs, but dog food isn't really going to do anything to a cat over a short period and will do nothing as a treat here and there.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah no I never feed my dog cat food.
but dog food isn't really going to do anything to a cat over a short period and will do nothing as a treat here and there.
Thank you so much! I just didn't know if I would kill my cat LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts