Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Black Maine ****, Catty dribbles from her mouth when she sleeping, and in cuddle mood. Doe's any of your cats do this?? I am abit concerned about it, and it's been happening for a while now. She's only 10 but still, I'm really not sure.:?

Any help, or answers?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
You mean she drools? It could be a tooth problem, but if she only does it when she's sleeping cuddling then I wouldn't think so.

My guy is a big time drooler. When we're cuddling, I keep a wash rag around to mop up his happy drool.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ernie is 10 months old. when he's very happy and purry, he also drools. Eric is the same age, and isn't a drooler. I've had a couple of cats do it when they're really happy. Doesn't seem to cause an issue :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, we think she has had a tooth problem, because she cannot eat hard things that are abit thick for her, but as you said, probally when she drools, she happy drools:)

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
If she's fussing about chewing it's time for the vet. Leaving a rotting tooth will cause a lot of problems and way higher vet bills if left to fester.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay. I will take her to the vet soon. I am not sure if it's rotting or it's just abit painful, but I will take her anyway. Just incase ;)!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Catty looks like my beloved BOO-BOO who went to the rainbow bridge 5 years ago. Thats him in my profile picture. He was so gentle so sweet. I will never stop missing him.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My cat does that when we are in a heavy petting session, I was also shocked he was doing it and there was SO much drool! Worse then a dog haha

·
Registered
59 Posts
My moms cat happens to be a maine ****, and she drools like a running faucet when she is being cuddled :) we think it's rather cute and kinda funny too. She just drips and purrs lol!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
A cat my friend was fostering a few months ago developed some health issues, and drooling was one of the symptoms. If you are having no other problems, and she doesn't drool 24/7 then it's likely a mouth problem or her just being a happy kitty. I hope it's the latter :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts