Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moo has elevated liver enzymes, 250, and absolutely will not eat the Hills prescription wet food. I did some research and found that perhaps fish is not good for him. I've been feeding him Wellness chicken and turkey wet food which he likes. I also read that dry food was not good because it is hard for the liver to process. He eats well but drinks a lot of water and has lost a little weight. I've had him for a year and one half as he was a barn cat before this. I think he's around 14 years old. His vet has retired and I'm now looking for someone else and want to do what is best for him. Am I feeding him correctly? Is dry food harmful to him? Cost is not an issue as I will pay anything to help him. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I love this sweet boy.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
The best diet is one that is mainly meat, because cats are "obligate carnivores". Grains, veggies and fruits, etc. are not natural for them to eat. I'm not a vet and don't know what causes elevated liver enzymes. Here is a good link by a vet on proper nuturition:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts