Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in a while I find something on the floor that almost looks like a piece of poo but it is dark in color and "gooey" It almost looks like a big worm.

Is that what a hairball looks like?

I've never seen this until Baxter. Occasionally I've heard him trying to cough something up but nothing came up at those times.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never seen him once clean Barnaby but Barnaby does clean him.

That's strange because Barnaby sheds much more than Baxter but I've never seen a hairball from Barnaby. The hairball is also gray in color which would make me think it's Barnaby but like I said, I've never seen this in almost 4 years, until Baxter arrived.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Maybe it was a Barnaby hairball from the excess fur due to cleaning Baxter. Or did you actually see Baxter puke it up?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never saw Baxter puke but he's made the sounds a number of times and I've heard Barnaby doing that maybe twice in all the time I've had him and nothing came of it. It may remain a mystery until I actually see it happen.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hehehe, my guess would be that it's Barnaby's hairball. I say that because Psi has suddenly started coughing them up too, and that's because he cleans Sigma. Pretty gross, huh?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
In all my life I've never actually seen it happen.
Only come across them in some surprise location...like on a windowsill or under the coffee table on the rug! And who knows how long that one sat there.

It's very, very rare that i find them at all though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts