Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm in the bathroom, Charlie will sit on the sink/counter and rub his head on mine. To the point where, if I pull my head away, he will pull with claws and bite my hair, then when he feels he has pulled me close enough, start rubbing his head on mine again.
Is it just love?
He doesn't hurt me..just like he whips out enough claw to get the point across..that he's not done loving on me.
I do the "eye kisses" with him when I catch him staring at me. And I have caught on that when he paws me at the end of the day he wants to be petted. He's not much of a lap sitter, but will sit next to me on the sofa (he was not top cat at his last home, so I think he sat next to and top cat sat on previous owner). He's only volunteered for my lap once, and boy was I excited. He sleeps in bed with DH and I at my feet. And he does follow me up and down the stairs and always into the bathroom.
He's definitely my cat and buddy. Even if I have the kids put his food down on the mat, he won't eat until I go over to it.
Just making sure this is an ok thing in our relationship :)

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Is it just love? Definitely, love and respect. Not all cats are lap sitters, but can love you just as much. Sometimes I wish my boy wasn't such an insistent lap sitter as he's heavy and almost makes my legs go numb. Very sweet that Charlie "asks" permission to eat. One of my cats does that too, but only for her evening meal, not in the morning.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
It's a wonderful thing for your relationship! Any extra time that your cat will willingly give to you, will help you bond and become so much closer.

Alice will come over to me at random times during the day and start licking my hands, arms, face, whatever she can reach thats closest, and she'll literally hold me down with paws, claws, and teeth until she's finished (she never hurts me though). She mouths and chews lightly on my fingers too, but she always makes sure to lick them after. She never does these things with my boyfriend, only me. She does slow-blink me, rub her head on me, and she sleeps right up on my pillow at night so she can be close, so I know it's not something she's doing because she hates me. I just consider them love bites and claws, and I do really think it's sweet. :p

I too love that Charlie looks for your approval to eat. Only Samantha does this with me, and most times when I work real late and my boyfriend has to feed them dinner, she will flat-out refuse to eat until I come home.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'd say Charlie is really growing attached to you, which is terrific. Although you might see if you can encourage him to eat without you there (well, I guess if you're not there, someone else would need to be doing the encouraging! :)). If he's not willing to eat unless you're there, it could prove problematic should you ever need to go away for a while.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sounds like it. :) Both my cats are pretty affectionate, but my little one, Athena, is definitely of the clingy variety. She loves just sitting there with my hand between her paws. If I try to pull my hand away, she'll claw or bite at it gently to indicate she is not done with me yet. XD

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I love moments like last night. Somehow I'd rolled over and my arms were in Mow's way of laying next to my face. I woke up to him pawing at my arm over and over (claws sheathed) and chirping. I moved my arms and he settled right in with me hugging him and we went back to sleep. I love my little stinker.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There's a cat at the shelter who has to have his own room because he HATES other cats. But he loves ME!
I have a bad back, so I sit in a chair to scoop his litter. When I'm bent down, he'll nibble at my ear or mess with my hair. Then when I get up, if he's not done, he tries to grab at me too.
He also loves to lick... if I let him have my arm long enough, I'm sure he'd lick right down to the bone!

Some guy is thinking about adopting Brutus... which is a good thing, of course, but I'll miss his unique personality! Poor kitty is 8 years old (maybe 9, I forget) and cranky with everybody, which usually puts off most people. But this guy says he wants an only cat and doesn't mind if it's an older one. YAY! I hope it turns out good for "my" Brutus-wootus!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aww. I feel great now! He truly is a wonderful boy.
I've been working on the kids giving him his bowl bc if we ever go away, the kids will be staying here with my mom. Plus it's a bit of responsibility for them.
I love that he plays with the kids, too. He plays hide and seek with my (almost) 2yo. My 4 and 5yo love to dangle string for him to chase and my 5yo loves to brush him. Definitely a tolerant kitty.
He also doesn't ask for my attention when the kids are around. He waits until they are busy or asleep. At first I thought it was bc they are just so boisterous, but now I just tell myself he's being considerate. He's certainly not afraid to jump in and see what's going on when the kids get loud lol

If DH and I go away, it will be for 10days-2wks a year. He should be ok while we are gone, knowing his growing attachment to me? My dog ran off trying to find me when I went into labor with my oldest. It took us 3 days to find her once I got back from the hospital..I don't want the same thing to happen (even though he's not an outdoor cat)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts