Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came hopme late from work tonight and didn't have any raw food thawed for Onyx. I put several wings in a butter container, out the lid on and soaked it in a sink full of hot water. After an hour they had not started to dethaw. I now have them in a bolw of hot water.
I know that cats aren't to have cooked bone in chicken. Can I put the wings in the microwave on the defrost cycle to unthaw them?

·
Banned
952 Posts
Came hopme late from work tonight and didn't have any raw food thawed for Onyx. I put several wings in a butter container, out the lid on and soaked it in a sink full of hot water. After an hour they had not started to dethaw. I now have them in a bolw of hot water.
I know that cats aren't to have cooked bone in chicken. Can I put the wings in the microwave on the defrost cycle to unthaw them?
Absolutely not, no! The second the microwave comes on, it starts cooking the food, so you don't even want to microwave meat, and you absolutely don't want to microwave bones.

Put the food in a plastic bag (instead of a plastic dish) and soak the bag in warm water; it'll thaw fairly quickly if you keep refreshing with additional warm water as the water in the bowl gets cold.

AC

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That is what I tought. The microwave cooks from inside out. The soaking in warm water in the bowl worked. Onyx is now enjoying her dinner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts