Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

My 10 month old cat threw up couple of times...and my fiancé thinks that we overfeeding her by giving her too much treats.....is that possible?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could be one of 2 things. Yes she is being over fed, or two the food doesnt agree with her tummy. Try giving her a little bit less food and if that doesnt work switch brands. :D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yes indeedy, it is possible to overfeed a cat! Assumpta is completely neurotic about food, probably from being a stray (she's actually gaining weight on about 180 kcals per day). If given the chance, she'll eat herself sick, throw up, and start eating again. Even with timed, measured feedings (which I highly recommend), she'll still bolt her food too fast sometimes and throw up (though we haven't had this problem with wet food). Some people suggest putting golf balls in the food bowl to slow down the speed of eating to help with that problem.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Oooh yes, you can absolutely overfeed a cat. Often we spoil our kittens and growing kittens seldom become obese, but when they stop growing we simply forget that the cat will need less food. Not more than 5 % of the cats total food intake should be treats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts