Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't entirely sure which forum to put this question into since it sort of falls into several categories.

For the next three weeks, me and my cat will be staying with a family member. My cat has stayed at this home before, he knows the cats here, there's no issues there.

Recently I've put my baby boy, Jinx, on a pretty strict diet and feeding schedule after collaborating with his vet, and he's been doing well. However, the family member's cats are free to graze all day.

I don't want Jinx to be able to graze with them because it would mess up his diet, so my first instinct is to keep him locked in my room. I'm just worried it'll have some sort of psychological effects on him that I don't want.

He's not completely alone as his rat friends are in the room with him (yes, he actually likes the rats and vice versa). I also spend at least 2 hours every day hanging out with him and all night in the room with him.

Is this a safe scenario for three weeks?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "safe", but you've got to do what you've got to do. If he were boarding at a kennel he'd be in a big crate for 3 weeks, and probably would come out ok.... at least the cats I've boarded have had no ill effects.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts