Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have been bathing my kitties on a more regfular basis. Ally and ERci Clapton dont like watetr AT ALL!!!!!!! But when I put Jordy in the water its a whole new world. Was Jordy a fish in his past life? Is this something to be worries about ? Please answer soon as I am worries he will get pruny

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
So why are you bathing your cats so much? Unless they've really got into something dusty or regularly roll in their litter box, or got into some kind of grease, or been sprayed by skunk, most cats clean themselves by grooming. With a rough brush-like tongue and saliva that deodordizes the coat (unless the cat has a very bad tooth infection),and/or the cat has an exceptionally greasy coat, cats don't really need frequent baths unless you are showing the cat in cat shows. Too much bathing can give the cat dry skin, and then you'll have flakey dandruff which isn't attractive. Your cat won't likely get "pruny", but he may develop dry skin. If he enjoys swimming or playing in the water, fine, but I wouldn't shampoo on him. Shampooing the cat twice a year during early spring and late summer "coat drop" can help get rid of a lot of loose hair. I should mention that if your cat is a Sphynx, it may need more frequent baths, as it may have a greasy coat, as it doesn't have hair to absorb it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
For some reason some cats just love water... there's actually a really hilarious youtube video about it. I would think that as long as he's just in water and you aren't using soap that he'll be ok.

·
Registered
239 Posts
some cat's love water so it is nothing to worry about but as Minikin44 has said above - "why are you bathing your cat's" ???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am actually allergic to kitties :( but my love overpowers this it is only that i have been told to wash cats occassionally in order to keep down these allergens. Fortunate it is that they do not mind terrible much and are very behaved. It is perhaps not so much as i am bathing cats as cat Jordy takes EVERY OPPORTUNITY to jump in the water. Like if he hears the waters running he runs and jumps in! i am a little concerned as he continues to do this and gets water all over the florrs and carpets :(
i do not think it is normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts