Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My lovely pet cat called roger is about ten years old. we got himfrom a rescue centre. He stays in doors as we live by a very busy road and duel carriageway. He seemed happy for a long time. He rubbed my face constantly, needed my partners hair and spent 90% of his time following me and playing with me. When I am on the computer he sits on my knee (or strolls up and down the keypad!) :( .
However last month we went on a well deserved holiday and left roger at the cat hotel. A great place where he has stayed before. He came home glum. He has been running from his litter after urinating. We thought this may be cistitis and took him to the vet for three doses of antibiotics and painkillers. he has been very lethargic and un interested in us recently. After the third shot roger seemed to return to his old self and has eaten more than he ever has before. he is still a little of colour and his nose is a little dry, and he still runs from his litter! Has anyone any ideas or advice. My partner is heavily pregnant at the moment, but we still put aside lots of time for our other family member roger. please help.

john.
ps. sorry about the length of this post.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I really don't know. Did your vet test for and find anything or did you just treat with antibiotics in case? If Roger were one of my cats I'd probably have some bloodwork run and recheck the urine just in case.

My cats sometimes run from the litter box, but it's a fun/happy/sparked up kind of thing. They seem to be jazzed up about having used it and go running around crazy and calling out.

Does he run a distance away and stop and groom? Or is it the running/playful/crazy thing?

~Heather

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he generally skips off, runs a metre and then walks around slowly or grooms. he has not thrown a giddy for a while.

the vet diagnosed cystitis, and treated with antibiotics.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm not sure what it could be. I would probably take him back to the vet or call them at the very least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts