Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1 yr old wants to do nothing but play. She purrs to greet us and will walk on us but only wants everything to turn to play, no prolonged affection. Is this playing a way of being friendly or is it aggressive?

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Yes you have a very friendly cat. She's still just a teenager, and play, play, play is the name of the game. Maybe when she's more mature she'll be cuddlier.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Your one-year old sounds like Abby, who is now 17 months. She has a very short attention span when it comes to cuddling. She likes to cuddle for perhaps 2 or 3 minutes at a time. Then, something will catch her attention...Muffin, a fly on the wall, her toy mouse, whatever...and then she's off to play again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers! It's reassuring. I did think maybe she had taken us as surrogate brothers and sisters to play with, as opposed to parents, but wasn't sure. I really want her to like us!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Agree. When they're that young, it's all about playing. No time for hugs and petting.
But affection will come soon enough, and with my cats it was permanent for the next 17 years or so.
It's just one of those "stages." Enjoy the little alien.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts