Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the specific breed that has no aversion to,in fact loves,the water? Robin tried to jump into the bathtub with me this morning! The vet said the aquatic cats have little paddle paws...

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
I don't know about "paddle paws", but there is a wild Fishing Cat found in SE Asia that does have webbed feet.

The Turkish Van breed is said to enjoy swimming and playing in the water.
Cats 101: Turkish Van : Video : Animal Planet

·
Registered
412 Posts
Zoe was a big fan of bubble baths and would on occasion beg for one! Pedro doesn't understand that water is different from air and land. Apple looks at me with a look of, "Seriously, Mom? I'm a cat. Remember? I dislike water." lol And Gabriel was TERRIFIED of water to the point he wouldn't even drink from a water dish. I couldn't even keep a water dish near his food dishes or he wouldn't eat because he was afraid of the dish of water. lol

Oh and we need swimming kitty pics!

·
Registered
115 Posts
My cats like water AFTER the shower or faucet have been turned off. Then they jump around in what's left.

I have watched a show that talked about the Turkish Van cat. They really like to swim. What breed is your cat?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I don't know if this is what you're referring to, but Savannah cats are known to be very water friendly.

Some people add feeder goldfish

You can see a lot of these if you google Savannah play water

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Bengal cats is known for liking water.

And Siberians are suppose to like playing with water as well, but my Meatball, who is a Siberian, hate water :/

·
Registered
50 Posts
What is the specific breed that has no aversion to,in fact loves,the water? Robin tried to jump into the bathtub with me this morning! The vet said the aquatic cats have little paddle paws...
My domestic shorthair does the same thing.

Not a swimming cat. Just like drinking water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts