Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a...err...rather risque story here. :p :crazy

I'm sitting at my computer watching anime, and I hear Alice rustling around with the crinkle tunnel behind me in the living room. She's always so cute when she plays by herself in that thing, so I turned around to watch her for a sec. I see her kneading the crinkle tunnel. But not just the crinkle tunnel. She's got one of my expensive bras (this is where the intimacy comes in folks!) between her paws and she's kneading that! So I go over to retrieve it, and she's got little kitten teeth indentations on it (she was really gentle and didn't tear anything at least...lol), and it's soaking wet from her licking it. XD I just started laughing because I honestly didn't know what else to do. :p It's the first time she's ever done anything like that.

So my question! Is this that suckling behavior I sometimes hear about? Alice is almost 1 year and 5 months. Does that mean she could have been taken from her mother too early? I just keep asking myself, why of all things, did she have to pick that particular item of clothing to do it on! XD

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It doesn't always mean that she was taken away to early; just kittens that are taken away early are more likely to do it. Simone does it, but only because Pumpkin taught it to him. They both started doing it as small kittens though, and they have particular rugs that they do it to. My guess is that Alice just really liked the texture of the bra and it reminded her of when she was a kitten; especially since she hasn't done this before.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I agree with Kristen. I didn't adopt Muffs until she was almost 12 weeks old, so she wasn't taken away from her Mom too early, but she had a habit of suckling and kneading when she was younger. She still does it from time to time, but not as often. As for the bra, LOL...Alice likes your scent!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks Kristen and Susan. :) I had heard that before, but wasn't sure if that was the reason for all cats to suckle or just some of them.

Alice is Daddy's girl. Like totally. If he's around, I am invisible. And I'm ok with that, because I have Samantha, and Rochelle hangs out by me more too. I can share. :p Anyways, the past few weeks, she's been doing little lovey things with me...brushing up against me more often, talking to me a lot more, laying by me more, even hopping into my lap once. And now this thing with the bra... I dunno, lol. Think she's just getting over the month long healing session when I first brought her home, and I had to medicate her with syringes and pills twice a day? I'd be unhappy because of that for a while too, but can cats "hold a grudge" for close to a year?

Cats! Gotta love them and their shenanigans.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Maybe since the bra is worn next to your skin she just really likes your scent on it, and the kneading and sucking makes her feel close to you. Cat will do strange things. My girl has an obsession for visitor's shoes. She will stick her head into them, roll on them as if they were catnipped and rub her head all over them. I suppose she's scent-marking, but she doesn't do it to visitor's clothes or hands.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Jack does this with my hoodies and soft blankets, but he literally pelvic thrust into them.

It is relatively disturbing, i once thought it was related to his struvites but he has had no urinary issues for awhile and this has been a constant thing for many years.

I'm not sure why he attempts the faux "humping" but it is funny none the less.

I'm glad my cat is not alone in this behavior.

A little ot but what series were u watching?

Last one i watched was Shangri-la not seen any for awhile was thinking about getting into another one.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still seems weird to me that she'd pick something with my scent on it...she likes my boyfriend lots more than me. :roll:

Husky - I was watching the newest Bleach episode. This new filler is holding my interest way better than the current manga story. I watched Cardfight!! Vanguard afterwards...it's my new guilty pleasure, like Pokemon and Digimon used to be. :p

And a bra update! Sometime last night, Alice went and dug it out of the laundry basket I put it in. I found her rolling around on the floor with it after breakfast, lol! She was licking it again too, because it was soaking again. This time she managed to break one of the straps, but it's still usable. I think once it's finally dead, I'll just give it to her. It seems to be her new favorite...errr..."friend". :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
lol, yes jack loves my hoodies as your cat has found her new love apparently

I just started watching a series yesterday called Infinite Stratos IS - Way cool, but typical.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ernie sucks and kneads my dressing gown so often, I've given it to him. Everyone just calls it his "mother". Where's Ernie? He's with "his mother". :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Ernie sucks and kneads my dressing gown so often, I've given it to him. Everyone just calls it his "mother". Where's Ernie? He's with "his mother". :D
LOL- that's what my flatmate & I call the rugs my kitties like to suckle on. They are called "mom" or "the toilet mom." (They like the rugs that wrap around the base of the toilet.)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So Alice got at the bra again, and pretty much made it unwearable (the strap is completely broke now, lol). So I cut off both straps and removed the small metal clasps and just gave it to her. She carries it everywhere and even sleeps with it. It's quite cute and funny at the time time, heh. I wonder what Victoria's Secret would say about a cat enjoying one of their garments as much as their owner! XD

·
Registered
23 Posts
Haha! Miss Alice has good taste :) I love how she actually dug it out of the laundry basket to snuggle with it. Cats know what they want, and they go for it - regardless of whatever obstacles they may encounter along the way. I feel like us humans could really learn a lot from them!

I had a slightly similar thing happen to me recently.

I came home at night after work, and I went in my room to put my pjs on. I took my favorite pair of pajama pants out of my dresser drawer on put them on the floor while I took my jeans off. All of a sudden Tom comes bolting out from under the bed and grabs one of the ribbon drawstrings with his mouth. I chuckled, called him a silly boy, and bent down to pick them up. Right before I could get my hands on them, he drags them out of reach (by the drawstring) and starts heading off down the hallway. I had to chase him all the way to the living room before I got them back. It was quite a site!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts