Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Io clambers up the back of my computer chair and perches there above my head. The chair has quite a high back so her head is at about the same level as mine. (This is the chair, btw)

About 50% of the time, she just sits there and watches, purring and occasionally headbutting me.

The other 50% of the time, she bites my head or prods me with her paws, or licks my hair/ears, or a combination of all three. Sometimes she's purring when she does this, sometimes not. My partner says from his POV it looks like she's trying to "pet" me the way I pet her. She's never really aggressive about it, but she's persistent.

If I have any hair stuff (elastics, alligator clips, bobby pins, etc) in she'll try to "dig" them out (yeeowch), but she'll still attack my head even if my hair's down.

What the heck?!

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Kitty's not trying to kill you, but play with you. Her antics sound to me like she's really trying to get your attention to play with her because you're busy on the computer. My girl doesn't go for my hair, but she does go for the keyboard and presses the keys and walks all over it. So I really give her attentiion....pick her up like a baby and smother her with kisses, on her head, belly until she indicates she's had enough, usually by looking away. Then I put her on the floor and she walks away and leaves me. So you might try this, or give her a short vigorous play session with an interactive toy, like "Da Bird".:kittyball

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine does the same thing! That chair looks exactly like mine - he climbs the back with his two front paws like a navy seal or something. He's obsessed with hair and when he's especially riled up, he'll tug on my hair or chew on it. Sometimes, he'll swipe (no claws) when you walk by if he's perched up there.

Sounds like she's progressively trying to let you know she wants attention or wants to play - first with a headbutt, then with some pestering. Also - I've read that cats really like the highest spot in the room so - it could be that, too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try playing with her. I guess it's probably a bid for attention. I do about 60% of my work from home so when I'm in "work mode" I'm def. a bad cat mommy. She never pesters my partner though, who works from home 100% of the time.

She stays off my keyboard since accidentally turning the volume way up once, but she has a nice little spot on the desk (which she always ignores because she'd rather sleep on top of my papers or in my in tray :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
49 Posts
I make clothes, so I have a big pile of scrap fabric and I found him in it once - I made him a pillow out of all the soft comfy fabric to sit on so he has a place to go, when I don't want him on the keyboard (I work from home too) but nope! he refuses to use it. lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
She's growing out a lion cut, but the pom pom seems to be sticking around a bit longer than the rest. You don't think she's still mad about that?!!

before;

lion cut;

now;

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
oh...cute tail! My kitty never leave me alone too whenever I uses the computer, he will scratch me to get my attention and he will ask for a chin rub each time. I think he didn't mean to really scratch me, he just wanted to use his paw to pet me but with claw half retracted, so I got scratched. Since last wk, I left a basket on my desktop and I managed to make him rest in the basket rather than lying on my keyboard.

I never allow him to get on any parts of my body though, because I still can't trust him enough not to scratch and bite me, and he seemed to know it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
My sister had one of those lion cuts on her cat and I loved it. I wish I could talk my daughter into having it done to her cat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts