Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a dilemma. I found a litter of 4 kittens on the road, almost ran over them they were so dark and blended in with the pavement. I have had them 3 weeks now. This one kitten appears to be a marbled Bengal cat, and is definitely a longhaired breed, my friend however disagrees and says he is a common short-haired tabby. She says nobody would dump an expensive Bengal on a back road. The litter includes 2 black cats and one grey and white tabby siblings. So is he a bengal cat or a tabby cat? I have a striped tabby already and his coat looks very different from this new kitten. If he isn't a Bengal then surely he must be a longhaired marble tabby?? I have included 2 pics of the kitten and 1 pic of Leo my adult striped tabby. Help me solve the puzzle if you can.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
What do the other kittens look like?
I doubt that this is a Bengal, because there just aren't a lot of those expensive cats running around getting female cats pregnant indiscriminately and if these kittens were dumped, it seems unlikely that the person who had them had a Bengal. You never know, of course. but I have seen marking on perfectly ordinary non-purebred cats that look just like that, so it is not that uncommon of a marking. Beautiful, though! And good for you for rescuing these kitties.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Honestly, looks like a Bengal mix but definitely not a purebred Bengal. I know for sure that he is a marbled tabby. Don't know if he is longhaired. How old is he, do you think? Can't tell until he's eight weeks old.

·
Registered
Phoenix, Tiger & Crackhead!!!
94 Posts
Aw, that's one handsome little tiger, lol... nice markings! And I agree, it was good of you to rescue the litter, some wankers have no heart and will dump kittens anywhere. If four kittens turn out to be too many for you, on top of the pet(s) you already have, maybe you can help rehome them, but that little Bengal-looking kitty is a keeper, lol. Cheers!!!

·
Registered
Pants, Willow, and Eden.
123 Posts
I would say he is a marbled tabby, most likely a Domestic Long/Shorthair.
Marbled tabbies are beautiful, but the likelihood of it being a bengal is very low. Around less than 5% of cats are purebred. Here is an example of a marbled tabby that is not a Bengal (this is a purebred British Shorthair, I believe):
That’s not to say he might have some Bengal ancestor. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Whatever breed he is, he is adorable!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts