Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I am posting just to ask a question about my cat. He has this cough at least once everyday and I can't figure out what it starts from. He will be fine and something starts him coughing. I have uploaded a video and hopefully you guys can help me out.( I don't know how to add sound so its just a GIF)
It usually lasts about 20 seconds and he doesn't seem to be gasping for breaths or anything but just coughing and gulping. It sounds raspy.
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Banned
16 Posts
asthma

My Oliver had asthma attacks almost every day. At first I thought he was coughing up a hairball. He would get down low to the floor and cough as he tried to breathe. The vet prescribed capsules but I forget what the medication was. It was a compounded med.I got it by mail from - https://www.wedgewoodpetrx.com/

I hope you find relief for your cat and that it is not asthma. It broke my heart to see him have an attack and nothing I could do. The medication lessened the frequency of the attacks but did not totally stop them. He was having at least 3 a day before the meds but dropped to having some days where he had none after starting the medication.

He also developed arthritis in old age. He lived to be almost 16.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts