Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
FrasseTheCat said:
but it only happens when i clap
Your cat is asleep/relaxing and you make a sharp/loud noise and it twitches? Your cat's hearing and reflexes are working normally. I think I'd be more concerned if the cat *didn't* move at all.
Cats are crazy, aren't they?
heidi =^..^=

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have a question.
When my kitten wants to play with me, she holds my finger with her paws and starts biting it but really gently. Is this normal or not a good sign? :?:

·
Registered
50 Posts
...and she sometimes licks on anyone's hand. Is this normal as well? What does it mean? Sorry for asking such queer questions. :oops: I'm not a cat expert and never raised one before.
Thanks.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
I think it is normal kitten behavior. They want to play-wrestle, but I think it isn't a good idea to let them get too rough with us because we don't have protective fur over our skin. I use toys that help keep their 'sharp bits' away from my skin. Little toys I can move or toss so they can chase, leap and catch to bite and wrestle with. Fleece ribbons on wands, DaBird or laser pointer dots to scan over the floor for them to chase.
The licking is another grooming behavior. Mutual grooming reinforces bonds between the two, when yoru kitten licks you, you can "return the favor" by petting her. Several of my cats like to lick my fingers and then encourage me to rub them over their head/ears like they would do with their paws, only I do it with my fingers.

·
Registered
261 Posts
ive watched my cats eyes roll around as she was in rem sleep. ive also watched her whiskers, ears, paws, mouth and body twitch too. when jade would sleep it would take her 2 seconds to respond to anything. so if i clapped and azores was there she instantly stood up ready for whatever, jade on the other hand would snap too like 2 seconds later like a silly kitty she is.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jeanie said:
Konafa, cats are the only animal (that I know of) that gives love bites. You're getting loved! :)
Haha. Nice to hear that. :)
Thanks for your replies everyone! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts