Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby kitty Bob does a really quirky thing. Whenever he can get close to our face he will lick it. Just like a dog would! He even does it when we are sleeping! I have never encountered this before. Well a cat doing it that is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yep, normal. Well, my Bertie does this too. I'd never encountered it before either, but he is a very licky kitten. He's giving you kisses! I don't mind it, except when he has just eaten! It's very cute!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Two of my six cats do this same thing. RoundFace likes to sleep curled up in
my arms with his head on my pillow, and will frequently try to 'groom' me by
licking my head and face. SweetPea tries to do the same thing whenever he
is in my lap but he seems to prefer my arms and hands.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
This is normal behaviour, though not every cat likes or will do it or does it sporadically. My girl Alkee is lickier than Zuba, who rarely does it. Besides licking my arm, Alkee also likes to lick my hair.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Definately normal! This is part and parcel of being owned by a kitty. They do this as a way of not only caring for you, but marking you as being "theirs." I have one kitty in particular that does this a lot. It's pretty cute, and just means you have a great bond with that cat. :)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Lily has started to do that to me. If I lay down on my bed, she wants to crouch or lay on my chest and starts to lick my neck and face. (She and Harli regularly groom each other's face and neck). I usually let her for a couple licks and then turn over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts