·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS, and how do know it's safe and wont hurt her?

Or may I please also ask what "saline solution" specifically do some use, please?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bumping this up... : ) Hoping someone who knows about "artificial tears" willknow. I'm looking for it to comfort Maxie's eye, not hurt it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Call your vet and ask. Or look in the medical section at the pet store. The human ones might have something in them (like the boric acid) that will actually irritate. There are just saline single use packages that don't have any other ingredients or preservatives.

Some years ago I used some eyewash to try to clean my cat Ginger's eyes. Her eyelids got red; I took her to the vet, who then said "Hm. Looks like contact dermatitis".

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call your vet and ask. Or look in the medical section at the pet store. The human ones might have something in them (like the boric acid) that will actually irritate. There are just saline single use packages that don't have any other ingredients or preservatives.

Some years ago I used some eyewash to try to clean my cat Ginger's eyes. Her eyelids got red; I took her to the vet, who then said "Hm. Looks like contact dermatitis".
I did, but the vet is seriously making me upset right now. (Just certain stuff not even going to get into it) Plus I prefer asking here. There's alot more experience here IMO, than what I'm getting at the vet. I've called two times and haven't been able to talk to a vet directly as they have been busy.

Thank you for the info. I get worried about which stuff is safe at the Pet Store also. I try to look for those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts