Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From my local Animal Control adoption website. They are doing a great disservice with this picture, no matter what they say! Think I'll call them Monday.

1211-0962 Jack's Web Page
Domestic Short Hair (short coat) : : Male (not neutered) : : Baby : : Medium

More Pics...
Won't you think about adopting me?

Print an adoption flyer for 1211-0962 Jack!

Thank you for your interest in our adoptable animals. If you would like more information about this pet, see the Shelter information below. We would love to help you rescue a perfect pet!

About 1211-0962 Jack

• <LI id=fieldStatus>Status: Available for Adoption (adoption info) <LI id=fieldSpecies>Species: Cat <LI id=fieldGeneralColor>General Color: Black
  • Color: Solid
  • <LI id=fieldDeclawed>Declawed: No
  • Housetrained: Yes
My name is Jack. I actually came in with Sally (1211-0961). We were brought in since our people couldn't take us to their new home. I'm about 5 months old and entertaining. Don't let my picture fool you, I wasn't being mean, I was talking and the lady got a picture of me in action. I'd love to find home to call my own, is that with you? Come ask for me, my number is 1211-0962.

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree! Can you imagine seeing that picture on PetFinder and wanting to read any further??! They may mean well, but it's not smart IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
26,517 Posts
time for a Google search

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Petfinder did a class in Tucson. They picked thru local rescues photos showing good ones and bad ones and explained why. We were happy to see one I had taken. I put up a turquoise table cloth in the background and had one of my black fosters reaching up on two legs for an unseen toy. It expressed his playful personality. It also showed off his total black body. Black cats are extremely hard to photograph. I have a cannon digital camera that will take several shots continuously. Why rescues dont make an effort of taking good shots of animals to capture peoples attention is beyond me! That photo Marcia posted turns a lot of people off

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The picture explanation is in VERY small print - I would have a hard time getting past that awful photo! I'm going to call the Monday - maybe even go there in person to be sure my message gets to the right persons and not brushed aside!

·
Banned
48 Posts
Not a good pic to choose.

I have to ask, what is a Basement Cat?
Basement Cat and Ceiling Cat are rulers of their
respective domains. Ceiling Cat is white, of course.
They are from LOLCats website that features really
funny captioned photos. These can be found (and
subscribed to) at LOLcats.com and icanhas.cheezburger.com/

I guarantee you a good laugh every day if you
subscribe to these sites.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Yes, yes it is. I'd think the only thing worse might be a picture of a cat sinking its teeth into an arm or something.

Seriously, what are the people on to post a photo like that? I'd go with no picture over that one any day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts