Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All I have been considering getting insurance for my Danna, but I don't know which insurance is best for a cat? I keep hearing about "Trupanion" does any of you have this insurance? If so, is it good?
Your input into making a decision will be much appreaciated.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've never heard of Trupanion before now, but back in May of this year, I did some extensive research on pet insurance. I have a 14-year-old cat who is pretty much at the outer edge of being covered by ANY of the "top" companies out there.

I'd mostly try to Google around for reviews of a certain company, and try to parse out the shill reviews that may have been written by employees of the company itself (I saw a remarkable amount of those, with every company I looked at).

I personally chose Pets Best because it had the most options for me (I could choose my deductible, coverage amount, plan type, etc.). I paid $603 for an entire year of coverage at 90% reimbursement, with a $200 deductible.

So, you could get a quote for Danna at Trupanion and compare to my experience, or get a bunch of different quotes :}

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think you might be better off to put the money in a savings account or otherwise set it aside for cat emergencies. There are things these pet insurance things don't cover. It would be nice if you just paid the monthly premium and everything was covered.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i heard when you go to use your pet insurance you have to pay the bill and then you get reimbursed. If i have to pay the bill first why do i need pet insurance? I'd put money in a savings account.

Kathy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts