Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, I thought our other cats were vocal before we adopted Xander. I like to hear a cat meow and trill, so we encouraged it with our first three. But Xander never shuts up, lol. You just look at him and he YOWLS at the top of his voice. It's sort of sweet and charming and annoying, all at the same time. Just a moment ago my husband walked by with a basket full of laundry, and Xander YOWLED several times, got really excited, and hopped along down the hall to help him fold the clothes. He's nuts!!!

How about yours? :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Vocal Cats

All of my cats are somewhat vocal -

Clover is vocal when she wants outside, wants food, or when I walk up to her. She has a little "chirp" as my mom calls it - unlike any sound I've ever heard a cat make.

Jasper screams at the top of his lungs whenever he wants attention, when we get home, or when he wants food. He has the most hideous, annoying meow - but I've learned to love it. :)

Jesse and Tony squeak, literally. The first few times I heard them, I actually thought there were mice in the house. They do it whenever they want to announce their presence. It is very strange.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Naturally Punky's vocal, unfortunately she doesn't have that typical siamese meow. It's one of the few things she inherited from her tabby parent. :wink:

Elly's quiet, but it's funny because when she meows you know she means business.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It's fun to listen to my furrkids. I can differentiate between the different questions and who's talking.

Before we got Pixie, my other 3 furrkids were very, very quiet. Ginza was the only one who would talk a little bit. He has a nice loud Siamese-like yowl.

We got a real conversationalist in Pixie. She has something to say about everything and she especially likes to sit at the food bowls and scream plaintively for food. :lol:

So now, Ginza joins conversations more often, and Kayla will do an occasional serenade from the top of the stairs. Mozart still doesn't talk, he has a very tiny chirrup, which is just too darling.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Padunk said:
Naturally Punky's vocal, unfortunately she doesn't have that typical siamese meow. It's one of the few things she inherited from her tabby parent. :wink:
Unfortunately? Man, I wish Sabby had inherited his father's voice. He's got the typical siamese yowl and he doesn't hesitate to use it. Luckily, he's been humming at me lately (meowing with his mouth closed) and that's kind of cute and funny.

G

·
0 Posts
Sheba is vocal and will carry on a conversation with you. Snickers doesn't talk much. He carried on the first couple of nights I had him, but he's been quiet since. He doesn't even purr!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Vocal is not a strong enough word for my cats. My Siamese talks A LOT...but that's because of his breed. However Magic, who was quiet when we got him, now talks ALL the time. I think Magic picked up on how much Maleke would talk, and now it's almost safe to say that Magic talks more than Maleke! It's funny because Maleke's meow is very "Siamese" and Magic's is really high pitched. It's hilarious! It's a noisy house. Haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a howler

Bubba is a real howler. He's gotten better since the dog has come along but will not hesitate to let you know his feelings on anything at any given time. He particularly likes to meow when you are on the phone.

I was spoiled with my last cat, Snowy. I had her for almost ten years and in that time probably heard her meow all of three times, no joke. It was usually when she was 'hunting' and the prey got away.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Annissa said:
Unfortunately? Man, I wish Sabby had inherited his father's voice. He's got the typical siamese yowl and he doesn't hesitate to use it. Luckily, he's been humming at me lately (meowing with his mouth closed) and that's kind of cute and funny.
I love the siamese meow. It brings back memories of my parents old Tonk.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Velvet is veryyy vocal. She has the full range of cat sounds and is not afraid to use them. She has a very sweet, pretty little meow and the rest of her sounds are very cute.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
This is no surprise, but my Siamese talk quite a bit! Blueberry yowls at me whenever I talk to him. He calls me Ma, and he says, Hmm? At night, he just yowls at anything. Precious was more of a talker when she was an expectant mother. I wasn't allowed to leave the room! She called and called. I got my Siamese because I missed the LOUD voice of Nibs, my last black cat, who had Siamese in her background. What a character she was, and boy, could she talk!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
When I was in high school and I'd try to sneak in very late at night, I never ever had a problem with the dogs barking. My mom's Tonkinese would greet me at the door every time... she would always wake the house up. :roll:

·
Registered
252 Posts
My furkids are not too very vocal, but my Mother has one that is sooo very vocal! She makes sure that everyone hears her loud and clear. LoL! If you love on her she starts meowing very loud and gets so excited, she can't get enough. I love to watch that cat! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here they're also very vocal!! Especially Pebbles and Demi! :roll:
When you ask Pebbles a question, she always answers and like she's really saying something ( with different intonations)!
Demi talks to herself all the time! Or when i'm chasing her, she'll make these funny noises!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Padunk said:
I love the siamese meow. It brings back memories of my parents old Tonk.
That's awesome. I do wish Sabby had a quieter meow, but then I read Jeanie's post where your cat calls her "ma" and says "hmm?" Sabby does that too. I realize that if it were gone, I'd miss it.

My fiance has taken to making Sabby's annoyed noise when I annoy him. Sort of a "mmmMMMMmmm" Only now when Sabby does it I think he's immitating Justin.

My house is just overflowing with cuteness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts