Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because the animals are going crazy!

Well, actually, where I'm at it's a "Waxing Gibbous" (94% full). That means things are gonna get even MORE crazy!!

At home, my cats are running wild. Chica, my little princess angel, has been misbehaving like never before. She gets up on counters, and right back up when you remove her. She sits and takes the spray bottle, giving me a sassy look that says "oh, you want me to get down? Hm! Well come and GET me!" Cinder flipped the top of my aquarium last night and took a dip. In the process she caused one of my guppies to jump out of the tank. I didn't realize it and found her dried up on the floor between the desk and dresser this morning :-( Nito has not shut up for a single moment for the past several days. Even when I'm not home, I can call my boyfriend and hear him yapping. It's always something- he wants food, attention, MORE attention, he wants to go outside... etc etc. Cinder and Chica were double teaming my trash can last night. I'd hear *rustle rustle*, turn on the lights and they would scatter. Turn off the lights and they'd be at it again! Get out of bed to chase them and they scatter, get back in bed they are RIGHT back in the trash. I ended up having to remove it for the night. And then they ripped open their unopened 20 LB bag of kitty litter. I'd had it after that and the girls spent the night in Jerry's kennel, and I slept with the dog for once! You should have SEEN the look on Nito's face when Jerry was in *his* bed. That has never happened before. (Boy, was Jerry excited. He's a good cuddler, I never realized it :D )

And if that wasn't enough, at work this morning the animals were even MORE crazy. (I got a new job at an animal shelter and I do the morning rounds- letting dogs out to pee and sprucing up kennels/feed.) They were just barking louder and more crazy than ever. TWENTY... yes TWENTY kennels were all smeared with poo. Usually there are 3 or less dirty kennels in the morning. One of the dogs managed to climb the fence and escape. I followed his tracks through the snow all over the surrounding neighborhood, and even out to the highway (cue near-heart attack). I thought he'd been hit! But I eventually found him (THANK GOD!). They are usually good about running outside, doing their thing, and running back in to be fed but over half of them refused to come inside and had to be chased. Tom, a cat, tipped over his water three times this morning, and made a huge wet mess of sloshy water and dirty kitty litter. It's not my job to clean cat kennels in the morning, only give them food/water (2nd round does that), so I just let Tom join the roaming cats in the cat room (he gets along fine with them) because I felt bad leaving him in that wet cage and had no time to take care of the mess. All of these crazy antics and stress and I had a big chemistry exam to do right after work this morning. As if getting up at 4 AM to deal with rowdy animals isn't bad enough, try dealing with an escapee, all that poop, all those ruffians, all the while worrying about your organic chemistry exam. Oy!

My friend told me her cat has been getting on top of the fridge, which is unlike him because he is a fatty. He's been knocking all her boxes off the top of the fridge and meowing like crazy.

All this craziness can't be a coincidence. It must be the full moon!

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
It's been so cold, I've been keeping Arianwen inside. Her hunting has been off, too, because the mousies are staying snug in their little burrows.
I went out with her today for a bit, and she was sooo happy, pouncing and rolling around like a kitty maniac. :lol:
There must be the tiniest hint of spring in the air, besides the full moon. :eek:rcat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts