Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My 10 and a half month old kitty has recently started chewing and swallowing strange things. It started with wool a few months ago, which I read is common in siamese and burmese (he's a tabby with siamese in his blood the vet said) Now he devours fringe on anything... most recently my furry slippers and my sarong that drapes my couch. This morning I found him ripping apart toilet paper and eating it, and yesterday it was kleenex straight from the box. He also yallows occasionally, loud enough to wake the dead. Help! What can be done? I absolutely adore him, but my roomate is getting frustrated with holes in her clothes.
Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah my cat does it too... i guess you should just keep stuff with wool, cotton and other stuff like that away from the kitty???

my cat eats toilet paper too, and q-tips!!! but i just hid them from him and put the TP up higher

·
Registered
220 Posts
JW, has your kitty been spayed/neutered? It sounds as though you have a real "live wire" of a kitty on your hands :) About all you can do is to keep anything that he likes to chew on away from him until he grows up a little more, as what you are describing sounds to me more like kitten stuff. What are you feeding him? Does he get enough play time when you or your roommate is around? You might try giving him some chewey kitty treats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts