Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happens every year.

In a scene straight from the movie "A Christmas Story," an 8-year-old Oklahoma boy got his tongue stuck to a metal pole after he licked it on a dare.

Officials say when rescue crews arrived Tuesday morning, the boy was standing on his tiptoes, trying to wriggle his frozen tongue free from a stop sign pole across the street from Woodward Middle School.

Paramedics were able to help the boy by pouring water on his tongue. Once free, the boy told officials he got stuck after his brother dared him to lick the pole
From the movie:

Ralphie as an adult [narrating]: NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.

Schwartz: I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!

Ralphie as an adult [narrating]: Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Darwin.

But why do they have to call the paramedics. Doesn't everybody know you can just pour warm water on it. Wait, nevermind, it's Oklahoma*.

* Don't be offended Oklahomans. If Florida were colder we'd see a lot of that here.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
lol silly kids

As to stupid calls to the emergency services, a woman over here called the police on the emergency line and reported that someone had stolen her snowman's nose.

She thought, since it was a carrot, it was worth something and they police would look into it.

/facedesk

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There's tons of stories about stupid calls made to 911 and/or police. I hate the ones that people call from McDonalds because they can't get what they want.... either eat something else, or just go to another location! I mean how hard is that, really??

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I can remember my sister doing that when we were vacationing in Maine one winter. The best part is that she is 7 years older than I am, and I was smart enough not to do it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts