Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't turn him over. He got out of the carrier in my car on the way to the foster place. Instead of hiding terrified down low he was all over the car, the dash and me. He spent a lot of time sitting on my shoulder some of it trying to steer and some more face butting my hand as I shifted. Not so much fun in a 6 spped manual. Neither was when he laid down on the dash in front of me.

When I got there the rescue lady had a LOT of cats in the house. She also thought the cage was too small for him because he's a big cat. She also immediately said "That's a Ragdoll or a Ragamuffin" After seeing him in the cage I decided I couldn't leave him.

My vet ($278 for tests, chipping, meds and tape wrom treatment) also said Ragamuffin or Ragdoll as soon as she saw him. That makes sense because the neighbor had tried to start breeding Raggies.

Vet Lady also says since he's a male he shouldn't be much of a problem introduction. She said the girls will bat him around a bit and then accept him quickly, even the little 7 Lb Colorpoint. She claims that if you add a femaleto a house with 10 male cats the female will immediately take charge.

He's in the other room now. I'm ecovereing from light bruising and a possible broken nose from the head butting. He was up on a dresser when I went to pet him and he immediately curled up and went to sleep on my arm. He also downed two small cans of catfood and used his box right away. Quick adjustmen. He's also a heck of a door darter.

My Vet thinks he's about 1 year old. He's gonna be a big cat.

Details of ow I ended up with Buddha and more pics are in my threads "Help with outdoor abandoned kitty " and "CAT IS STALKING ME".

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am so happy that you decided to keep him. It is like he chose you when I firstly came to you. He will be an amazing cat! :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He chose the two girl kitties. He was fascinated with them. He's gonna learn.

Yep, he's fixed. That's why I thought he was a girl at first. No visable parts.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And he had some diarrhea at the vet. Pooped on my shirt in the carrier after we put him back in.

She asked what I was feeding and I said I gave him some Fancy Feast. She said "Oh the "Florentine". She called the flavor by the sight of the grey poop and I was scolded. She said it's all gravey and I was told never to feed gravey or fish. Pate only. Chicken or turkey.

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I took Ginfis to the vet for the first time, she was so stressed out that she pooped all over her box and after she walked all over it. Her poo was watery because of the stress so you can imagine how she looked like (and smelled) when I arrived to the vet...terrible... But my vet was great! She helped me to clean her and the box too!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He had poo on his tail so the vet trimmed it off and packaged the shirt I had in there for transport.

Did I mention he's only about 1 year old. He'll take about 3 years to reach full size, 15 yo 20 lbs. Monster Cat!!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I LOVE his markings! It's amazing. 2 colors,black and white,yet there's so many combinations! you could take 100 black and white kittohs and no 2 would look EXACTLY alike. Diversity! :)

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
He's a beauty! I'll read your other threads for the back story about him.

I can vouch for the big kitties. Murphy is 16.4 pounds and holding. I love the fact that he's a big, solid boy.

Congrats, I'm happy for you!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
One more pic just to prove he's inside

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
He's GORGEOUS!! Congratulations on the new addition. I'm sure the girls will come around. Good luck with the intros!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My vet ($278 for tests, chipping, meds and tape wrom treatment) also said Ragamuffin or Ragdoll as soon as she saw him. That makes sense because the neighbor had tried to start breeding Raggies.
Pretty tough to do with a neutered male. :smile:

She claims that if you add a female to a house with 10 male cats the female will immediately take charge.
Who says that cats don't have similar traits to humans?

Congratulations on the new friend. I like big cats. (I like small and medium sized cats too.)

I've never bought more than the one can of Fancy Feast, but Missy will not touch the dry and Guy the outdoors abandoned cat gave me looks as if to say, "Come on, you can do better than this." When I tried t give it to him. I eventually gave it to the neighbours for their chickens.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ah, I know how you feel. Evie pooped down my top once. It was yellow too, just lovely.

Tut tut, feeding FF :p I'm sure Buddha was just happy to have some food at the time!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He's still eating like a horse and he's a cuddle bug. I get headbutts and purring the minute I walk into his safe room. I was petting him while he was up on the dresser and he curled up to sleep with his head on my arm.

The neighbors breeding attempt ended when they had a falling out with their breeding mentor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts