Cat Forum banner

It's been a little over five weeks ...

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Ioana 
#1 ·
..since I took these kittens in ..first seven then found one more, two more and then ..there were 13. We started bottle feeding them and then a week or so after having been to the vet we started lapping - which was a big relief 8O ! I have named each one of them and you will probably recognize some of the names that I have learned from the forum :wink: - like Twinkie and Oliver.
The youngest ones are probably 8 weeks of age while the oldest close to 10. They come from 4 different litters ..and it was very hard to catch them ...the more I delayed the harder it was to tame them + it was a whole lot of work caring for them.
I have printed out sheets(4) with the abc's of caring for kittens to give out to their new parents. Two of them have already found homes (today ) - after my having put the parents through a thorough orientation process and lots of questions asked. I shared my knowledge and reinforced the importance of neutering and spaying and not declawing + lots of other things I have learned from the forum mainly. Plus I asked for permission to call back in order to check on them.

Well here are some pictures (taken last week) of "my" kittens. I am going to miss them so, so much

Part of the whole group

Twinkie, Oliver, Cosmo and Ashley

Bo ( and Arrow is her twin sister)

Arrow, Buttons and Sophie

Cooper used to get so messy and then he grew up so gracefully

Lovie and Red Rover are in the front - the other babies are already mentioned above

Marbles

And the last but not least ..Clover - looks just like Cooper.

I just have to mention that I am doing my best to control the feral colony on my parents-in-law property. Until help arives I can at least do this - I must add that I couldn't have done this without Andrew's help. He is such a wonderful, giving person

Here is one last picture with the kittens in their "house"

everybody :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow! Now that is alot of kittens to care for. Bless you for taking them in and caring for them. If you would like to send all of the orange babies to me, I would be more than happy to take them. :lol: Just kidding, my husband would move out!! I hope that you find them all wonderful homes, which shouldn't be to hard as they are all so incredibly cute.

Melissa

#13 ·
Thank you everybody for your kind words - in the kitties', Andrew's and my name. I was lucky I have to stay at home and babysit these days - other wise I couldn't have afforded to dedicate this amount of time to the kitties. It is a huge responsability (I was so scared not to lose any of them) but I consider it the least I could do to help these innocent beings (or they would have just ended up in the streets wild and chased around by all sorts of dangers)
And then I have to thank all of you here in the catforum for sharing your experiences - this place holds a tremendous amount of information that is so useful to me
It is true, I will miss them so much but I find comfort in the fact that they will be happy pets since I am conducting thourough interviews

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.