Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started in October last year when my friend rescued two kittens, which were going to be raised as semi-feral barn cats for the stables. They were actually a lot younger than we first realised, so I said I would bring them home until they were 12 weeks old and vaccinated.

So for about 6 weeks I had two gorgeous kitties living in my spare room; I hated having to take them to the stables :( Very sadly after 3 weeks, one of them broke a hind leg in a very awkward place, so the decision was made to euthanise him :'(

Crémant and Schnapps when they first arrived:

I'd not long put the cage and kitten equipment away when I got a message from a friend to say she had found a kitten on the road, had taken it to a vet and it had no microchip or tattoo, and could I take her for a while...

So Dusty came to stay

Dusty was a proper madam and quickly took over the whole house, much to my permanent residents chagrin. she also didn't stay very long, and she was rehomed very quickly to a lovely couple who spoil her rotten.

Then, just as I thought I was over my kitten fever, the same friend said that there had been 3 kittens abandoned at the stables in my village, and did I have any space.

So of course I said yes ;)

Ebony arrived first as she was the easiest to catch

Then a week later Tufty came.

I'm hoping, once he has been snipped, Tufty will go to my other stables and keep Crémant company. Ebony I'm still deciding if I should rheum her, or if she will join my permanent residents.

In other kitty news, my last rescue, who is now almost 3 years old, was involved in an accident last week, and he is now minus a leg

He has adapted marvellously, and is extremely unhappy about being confined to the house (he has a vet check tomorrow, and hopefully he can start and go outside again)

So, it's all go in my house at the moment!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Casey,
These cats are so lucky to have found you!
Your last resue, who's lost the leg, is he actually yours?
He's a Handsome Cat!
Three legged cats and dogs do very well! Just so happy his life could be saved!
Sharon

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for caring for those little kitties. They are lucky indeed to have crossed your path.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you :)

Yes, Feisty is mine. I rescued him when he was 10 days - 2 weeks old. That was a lot of bottle feeding ;) He survived a serious stomach infection when he was 3 weeks old, and now with this latest exa-capade, I'm sure he's down a few of his 9 lives.

I have two other permanent residents, Tiger and Domino, who were also rescues

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Casey,
What a fitting name for him!
He had to be Feisty, to survive all of that!
I'll bet he'll be running around like crazy soon!:p
Tiger and Domino were lucky to have found you as well!:)
Sharon

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Awww, all of the kitties are adorable - the fosters and your own kitties! Does Tufty have a little stub tail? Mr. Feisty will do just fine with his three remaining legs - I love his pointy ears! :)

Are Tiger and Domino girls or boys? And how old are they?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tiger is a boy and Domino is a girl. They are brother and sister and I got them from a barn when they were about 5 weeks old with raging FHV infections. They are 7 years old this year.

Feisty is three this year.

Tufty has a very short tail; but I don't know if it is congenital or if he had an accident as the very end of his tail is bald.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts