Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last day of fun at Mardi Gras. At the stroke of midnight tonight the streets will wiped clean of drunks to allow for the piety of Ash Wednesday. Until then, it is time to PARTY!!

I had to take these pictures from The Times Picayune in New Orleans since I have never been to Mardi Gras. I was down in the area one year during the first few days of the celebration, but was on business and all I got to see was some beads on people's desks. Some day I'm going!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Re: It's Fat Tuesday

And now it's time for the definitive moment of MARDI GRAS!
:eek:rcat -'Pancakes!'

Noo,Percy...

Time to choose the King and Queen of Mardi Gras!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts

Id like to wish a cat forum locals John and Arianwen Happy Mardi Gras

A friend was here from Lake Charles for 10 days. She brought Mardi Gras beads and tierras to wear out to dinner. It was fun

I few weeks ago I drove thru New Orleans and the coastal area. I use to live in Pascagoula for a year. It has changed. It not a sleepy coastal area anymore like when I was there 30 years ago. But the beauty remains. I do miss the area!

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts

This is for you, John--and Arianwen too!

[

MARDI GRAS HISTORY
The origins of Mardi Gras can be traced to Medival Europe, though we have no written record of how that really transformed into the current Mardi Gras of today. But the origins of the Mardi Gras we celebrate today -- with Kings, Mardi Gras colors, and brass bands -- are traced to New Orleans.

Although we can trace its history to the Romans, a French-Canadian explorer, Jean Baptiste Le Moyne Sieur de Bienville, landed on a plot of ground 60 miles directly south of New Orleans in 1699 and called it "Pointe due Mardi Gras." He also established "Fort Louis de la Louisiane" (which is now Mobile) in 1702. In 1703, the tiny settlement of Fort Louis de la Mobile celebrated the very first Mardi Gras.http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/history.html

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Hey Mardi Gras Kitty, what happens in New Orleans stays in New Orleans! 8)

Thank You All so much! :mrgreen:
I'm kinda overwhelmed, with all these great Mardi Gras photos and graphics! Y'all make it feel like Mardi Gras, even 430+ miles away!
Arianwen likes her Mardi Gras tiara, too. That one photo looks like she's yelling, "Throw me somethin'!" :D

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just hope Miss Arianwen wasn't flashing something looking for beads 8O .

Bluemilk was the one who came up with the idea for this thread!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
HAPPY MARDI GRAS John and Sweet Miss Arianwen. ENJOY!

Jhan and Duchess

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
A good hangover cure is a Bloody Mary, made as spicy as you can possibly stand, garnished with very spicy pickled okra, and two aspirin on the side. :wink:
:eek:rcat

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Thanks, John! Bloody Maries have always been a sunday morning thing for us! DO NOT forget the pickle! And I like mine spicey too! Man..........we haven't had these in a long while! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts