Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost three weeks of next to no sleep, it seemed Crusoe finally realized he didn't have to come in and cry incessantly during the night. I am SO thankful. So is my husband. We've had him for one month now, and things are MUCH better.

Although, he is still very vocal. I'm sure he always will be. A couple times each night he very loudly makes his presence known. He's welcome to sleep on our bed. However, if he decides he doesn't want to shut it, I take him out of the bedroom and and shut the door, and surprisingly he doesn't make a fuss. The first night I did that, he cried for maybe 30 seconds and then gave up. LOL I never know how he's going to be each night. It's always different. Some nights he'll be okay until 4 or 5am. Others, he starts his meowing at 2am. At any rate, if he can't be in the room quietly, he gets booted.

He and I have bonded quite well, I think. I'm here with him pretty much all the time. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well at all, so I decided to take a nap on the couch. He jumped up on me, stretched out, and had a very long nap. It was quite sweet. Although he has cuddled up next to me at night sometimes, he usually ends up at the foot of the bed. Until yesterday he'd never actually slept ON me. He's a sweetheart, but boy, does he have a loud meow?! His nickname has become "mouth", unfortunately. lol I love him to pieces though.

I attached some pictures. Hopefully they work.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
I'm glad things have settled down.

Isn't having a kitty sleeping right on you the sweetest thing?

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
What a cutie! Another gorgeous orange boy with a lot of personality. My Murphy meows up a storm each night too. Usually I find he just wants attention, so as the decibel level rises I go brush him, which he loves, and the meowing stops.

Congrats on your addition to the family. He's just beautiful.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
He's beautiful - Tuffy my six month kitten is a very vocal boy too - although I've been lucky enough that he is quiet at nighttime - he sleeps all night in my bed with me and wakes me at 6 every morning for breakfast - I wouldn't need to set an alarm clock anymore -ha!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts