Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Austria this summer!

I haven't said anything about it, because I've been waiting on my acceptance... but I just received it! I'm going to be studying opera in Europe this summer, for six wonderful weeks!

I've never been to Europe before - or anywhere overseas - and I'm so excited for the chance. I had to audition for the bugger, and I've been on pins and needles for weeks now. I'm so pleased to have been selected - now I have to wait for July! :lol:

HOORAY!

So... anyone have any must-see sights in Europe to recommend? I'm going to make the most of this trip!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yipppppeeee!!!

Oh I'm so excited for you, I know how hard you worked for this and nobody deserves it more! I don't suppose you're going to be in England at any point are you!? You'll have to let me know the dates and perhaps I can mix a summer holiday with boy in Austria with a lunch date with opera singer extraordinaire! Well done you. :D

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Congrats!! That sounds awesome.

Things seem to be in a bit of an upswing around here.
People getting new jobs, going on vacations, getting married. I hope it keeps up!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I've never been to Europe either, but it sounds so fun! Have fun and congratulations on your big accomplishment :wink

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sounds fun to me! :D My mother went to Spain during May - and went to France and few other places (can't remember exactly). She can't wait to go back during this summer either. :lol:

Anyways - :p I hope you have a great time in Europe!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, everyone! :D I'll definitely be taking lots of pictures, and sharing them all!

I'll have the chance to visit other countries if I plan carefully. The schedule is prohibitive during the week (8am-10pm, typically), but weekends are free. I have a friend in Stuttgart with whom I'm hoping to spend some time, and I'd love to get around and see as much as I can. I'm even thinking of staying an extra week after the program ends, to give myself more free-time. Since I'm there, I might as well stay awhile! :)

I do speak some German, though I'm far from fluent. I took two years in high school, and I go out of my way to sing a lot of German repertoire. My family is primarily German (a few generations 'off the boat'), and I've always been fascinated with the culture. I'm REALLY excited to be immersed in the environment and have a chance to take the language over there!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mdmenagerie said:
This is amazing! Congratulations! Is it through the Wexner Center? What a great opportunity :)
Thanks! It's not affiliated with any university, actually - it's an independent organization that formed a few decades ago and has been doing these summer 'clinics' in Austria ever since. The age range is typically between 20 and 35, and the program is usually composed of pre-professionals who are still cleaning up their techniques and audition packages.

Let's see... so I have four months until I go. Four months to lose weight and get all gorgeous! ;) No more cookies for me.

Well. Maybe just a few.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts