Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the health section I made 2 threads about my cat being sick.

He was just getting worse. Did not want to eat or drink. Lost a lot of weight. When ever he got up to walk... he would wobble from side to side. like he was off balance. he had to lay down for a while before he got up again.

So this morning,mom and I decided that it was his time to go. So this evening mom took him to the vet to be put down.

I am so mad and sad at the same time. I miss my boy soooooooooo much. This really sucks.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I am so, so sorry ThreeCatzGirl!! I know how hard this is for you. ((hugs)) to you!! He was loved very much and that is what counts.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
ThreeCatz,
I'm so sorry:'( I know how much you loved him....
You tried so heroically to get him to eat something...
His Spirit just no longer wanted to be in that tired, sick body...
You gave him the Final most important gift of Love, you can...you set him Free, to Fly to the Bridge...
Imagine him at his most healthy self, that's what he'll be now...
No more pain, or sickness...ever.
Our final gift to them, is to take on the pain of letting them go, so they aren't in pain or suffering...
(((HUGS)))
Sharon

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I'm so sorry. You tried. And you did the right thing, not letting him suffer. I can't imagine how hard this is. ((((Hugs))))

·
Registered
893 Posts
I am so very very sorry. I know what it's like to watch a beloved kitty decline without knowing why. I saw it happen to my Rhythm. I never had a diagnosis. I saw her head "shimmer" once and then she developed a head tick. Clearly something neurological, but there was no definitive finding.

It's hard, very hard, when you really really dont know why...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone for your kind replies. :(

Sometimes the song Listen to your heart comes on the radio and it makes me really sad. Its by DHT. So I think about my kitty while the song is playing. :(

10Cats....I like your post and picture. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
I'm so sorry ThreeCatzGirl. :( I know how worried you were about him, and you did everything you could, but he's at peace now. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
ThreeCatz,
Our final gift to them, is to take on the pain of letting them go, so they aren't in pain or suffering...
(((HUGS)))
Sharon
that is so true. never thought of it that way, but yes - the ones left behind are truly the ones who feel the pain. our kitties no longer feel the pain, and are only playing at the bridge waiting for us to reunite with them.

my thoughts are with you threecatzgirl. xoxoxo

·
Registered
306 Posts
Im sorry for your loss, its been a month now since my boy left me and I still break down on many occassions.

it truly does suck truly does

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. I had my cat of 14 years put to sleep in June. He was suffering from kidney failure. I know how horribly it hurts, I felt like part of me died with him.

Know that you gave him a beautiful life, with lots of love. You did the right thing. As hard as it is to make that decision, we as pet parents have to make the choice to do what is best for them, even though it hurts us.

You are in my thoughts. (hugs)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today in the mail, I got a nice card from our vet. It was a Thinking of you card. It was really sweet of them to do that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts