Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i know poopies isn't the best word to use, but it's better then some! I've recently started changing over my 2 kitties diets (from Purina to Bil-Jac, and also wet food). I'm doing it slowly because it's different then what they are used to (however i changed cat foods all the time). I've noticed some pretty runny diarrhea from my kitties (not all the time, mostly just a once in a while thing). So how long does this normally last? Or should i start looking into other things such as worms? (they are both inside cats).

I also fed them wet food pretty regularly (as a treat, mostly) and they never really had any diarrhea like this though. I changed foods about 1 and a half weeks ago (it's still mixed some).

Thanks!

Manda

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Bil-Jac is not much different from Purina; it is still by-product based. It's more expensive, of course, but that doesn't mean it's better quality.

However, any food change can cause diarrhea. It may be from the change, or it may be because the cat's system does not like the new food. Here's more on how to do it:
http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?a ... chingfoods

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts