Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jackson had her kittens yesterday. They are all black, except one which has a white tipped tail. Here are the best pictures, otherwise it's just a black mass!! They are so cute and Jackson is turning out to be an amazing mum :D

Kittens 2 & 3. These came out together, so i guess they are twins.

Proud mummy

Little face

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

And thanks Darkcat for answering all my questions yesterday :D

I've been at work today, can't wait to get home to my cats. I've missed them loads today.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
How adorable!! I can't wait to see these little ones grow up. I've had Midnight for 5 years and when I took her in, she was nine months old. I've known Midnight since she was three months old when my stupid ex-neighbor rescued her and her siblings, but abandoned her when they moved because she was "acting weird" (turns out Midnight was pregnant).

Anyway, I get to see what Midnight looked like between birth and three months old through Jackson's babies. :luv :luv :luv :luv

Feisty Kitten said:
Kittens 2 & 3. These came out together, so i guess they are twins.

When you say that they came out together, do you mean that they shared the same sac?

·
Registered
534 Posts
How cute! Congrats on your babies Jackson!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm 99% sure they shared a sac. She had 3 girls and 2 boys. I'm a little worried cos a couple of them look like they are gasping for breath, like they're panting. Jackson doesn't seem worried by this, and they're still all feeding well. I guess it could be from being at the bottom of a kitty pile then coming up for air? Should I just monitor this, or take them to the vets?

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
:? Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ... I think I'd at least call my vet and ask about that 'gasping' thing. I hope it isn't anything serious, but I feel it is better to be proactive rather than reactive.
Let us know how they get on,
h =^..^=

·
Registered
515 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
:? Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ... I think I'd at least call my vet and ask about that 'gasping' thing. I hope it isn't anything serious, but I feel it is better to be proactive rather than reactive.
Let us know how they get on,
h =^..^=
I completely agree with Heidi on this one.
By any chance is it the two that shared the same sac?
Hopefully the vet will either give you some terrific information
as to how to help the two of them, or will tell you that it is best
to bring them in for the once over.
Either way, it will give you more piece of mind knowing their opinion.
They most certainly are precious.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're still doing it, but now I've seen more of it, it's like they're hissing. They're definately exhaling. I think it might be a way of communicating. They're all doing really well, wriggling around, sleeping on Mummy's head!! :catsm

I'll try and get some more pics soon. One of the girls has a bit of white on her chest and under her right armpit so YAY, I can tell 3 apart!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts