Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jasmine, a 5.8 lb stray who found her way into our home and hearts and surprised us with 2 babies.

·
Registered
83 Posts
OMG soooo sweet!
Jasmine is gorgeous, and her little babies are the cutest little ones!!
And as CataholcsAnonymous would say:
OMG their noses, THEIR NOSES!!! :luv

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I love kitten noses too.
I feel like a new grandma all over again! :luv I'm so glad we found her before she gave birth outside in the window well.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
What a sweet little petite girl! I can't even imagine a 5-pound cat, since I have a 17-pounder. She and the babies look absolutely great. Was their birth a total surprise or did you know she was pregnant? I'm so glad you took her in.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DesnBaby, We discovered at the vet that she has really bad gingivitis and that most of her teeth are bad, some are missing and /or broken off. I thought she just had a brown chin till I was looking at the pictures (she still is very frightened and doesn't let me get too close) but maybe some of the infection has gone onto it? I'm hoping the Convenia will help with that. When the kittens are weaned she'll be getting her teeth out as well as getting spayed! Poor baby!

October, the babies were a complete surprise. She didn't look at all pregnant and in fact I was planning on taking her in to get her spayed the next morning. She had been around for the past 6 weeks but was feral like and wouldn't let me near her. She was gradually getting closer but hissing at me the whole time. I had a standing appointment at the vet to get her spayed as soon as I could get her. We were able to catch her that night as she was in one of the window wells and didn't run from us so we took her into the house and put her in a huge dog crate I had prepared for her in the spare room. One of my house cats woke me up in the night all excited and I heard mewing. She had given birth to her babies in the box of cat litter I had put in the crate for her. No spay for her that day!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
That must have been a shocker! It sounds like your timing was perfect, though, in that she had the kittens in the safety of your house and even had a box to use as a nesting spot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts