Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
'Niss, you're so bad!! :wink: Today is the first day in a week that I have had access to the internet. "Old Pokey" was at the shop unitl Saturday, and the disk for my new server was unable to connect! :cry: I had to wait for live phone support today. I'm a mental case! Is there a patch for internet addicts? That's how I quit smoking....I just needed something to tide me over. :)

For our computer buffs (about half of us mods), I had parasites. Yech! How are they different from viruses? I think I had a couple of viruses also. I ran Norton and Spybot frequently, but did not run an update first. The guy at the shop said always update before you check for spies or viruses. Well, that's a tough lesson learned.

Anyway, I'm finally back. I hope I didn't inconvenience all of you while I was gone. It will probably take me weeks to catch up..in fact, I think it's impossible. Thank you for missing me, but I missed you even more! :D
(Clicking her red shoes, "There's no place like home; there's no place like home, there's no pl...."

Explorer said I was entering a site that was not secure. I've never seen that warning before, only when I first logged on to USA Datanet today. Any problem? Anything I should do? Thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Jeanie said:
Explorer said I was entering a site that was not secure. I've never seen that warning before, only when I first logged on to USA Datanet today. Any problem? Anything I should do? Thanks.
It sounds like your settings are just a little different than previously . If you're talking about what I think you are, then your settings permit a warning when you're on a site with forms that isn't a secure site. Some logins can be a secure login, but some aren't. The login, not being secure, would mean the data you enter could be intercepted if someone went through enough trouble to do so. The site and login probably isn't any less secure than previously; it's just that you're now setup to receive a warning.

Welcome back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts