Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have always been owned by my basset hound since I was 12 years old, but when I turned 25 she passed away. Two years later I moved in with my boyfriend ( this year lol) and decided to adopt Jelly Bean. Jelly Bean is a black 6 month old kitten who was at the Humane Society for two months and brought back twice. I am thrilled to have him and he is very smart. I'm not too used to cats, as I've always been a dog behaviourist at heart- but absolutely love this kitten and treat him fairly the same lol- I have taught him a trick and I take him on walks-which he enjoys.

So a bit about me, I am a vegetarian, 6 years or so now. I write and have published work and may be publishing a novel as well soon. I read Tarot cards and am obsessed with watching Animal Planet.

That's about it

Larimar

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul. thanks. Bassets are great dogs. I was told when I was young that Bassets couldn't be trained to do anything because they are "stupid". I wanted to prove them all wrong and ended up teaching her to count, play a baby piano, play dead and every other trick in the book. She is greatly missed, but her grave is just an hour away from here at a doggie grave yard. Now that I have a cat and know it's not to common to train a cat, I thought I would lol. jelly Bean only knows 1 trick so far lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
I used to have a basset hound. His name was Beau and he was the dumbest dog I ever met. He used to run away from home and break into people's houses and sit on their couches as if he lived there. We'd get a call a few hours later with someone else asking why our dog was sitting on their couch. Silly dog. Anyway, welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see your new kitten :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Braxen, thta's really funny how your basset broke into peoples homes...did he pick the locks or was he using the power of his cute and droopy face/ears?

thanks all for the welcomes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts