Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's reports floating around that ken may lose on 75th show, winning about 2.5million in the process... here's the news article. :?

LOS ANGELES Maybe Ken Jennings doesn't really know everything.

A report posted yesterday says the software engineer brainiac had his "Jeopardy!" winning streak snapped during a show taped on Tuesday.

The report posted on T-V Week's Web site says Jennings was defeated in his 75th game and had won a total of about two and a half (m) million dollars in cash and prizes. It cites unidentified sources and says the show will air later this fall.

However, a spokesperson for the show told the site it won't disclose whether Jennings has actually lost yet.

He won the show that aired yesterday, his 41st straight win.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
OK, that was a stupid headline... how many questions each game does the guy answer? I'd say he knows pretty much everything... even if he finally missed out (or was bribed to miss).

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Win or lose the guy is good! I think he'll probably be invited back for the championship games they do every now and then. So he may have lost the streak, but he'll most likely add a few more games to his total eventually :)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm a little confused about something though...

I don't follow Jeopardy on a regular basis but I always thought that you could win up to 5 episodes on the show and then you had to leave. Guess not, huh!

·
Registered
368 Posts
That 5 game and out rule ended at the start of last season. I'm sure he does loose eventually - he can't keep winning forever - and 74 wins is pretty darn good in my book. I'll be interested to see who it was/is that beats him out....

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
ok, its on now and I think he just said he was back for his 42nd game. Unless this is a rerun, he's got a LOT of games to go! Do they really tape that many ahead of time?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Television shows usually tape 6 weeks in advance. I know that last night on Jay Leno he said the 75th episode wouldn't be on until sometime in October, so sounds right!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts