Registered
2,676 Posts
CUTE ALERT!! CUTE ALERT!!

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Martho said:
I went to your topic and fixed the link for you. You can quote my post, copy my code, and then edit your post and paste it if you like.
Martho, Thanks for your brilliant advice!
I am feeling really shaken, because I am not as slow as all this to thank you, I did so already at length in another post, but now I can find no trace of that post anywhere! That is a supreme mystery to me. Don't tell me I must have forgotten to click post.

Do you know if one can upload a video to this site? Or how?
Thank you, everyone, for your appreciative comments.
That "other post" I referred to above I posted right here, but what has become of it I can't imagine.
But assuming that the fault is somehow mine, please accept this apology for taking so long to thank you all.

As you may gather from the above, Martho has solved my problem for me. As a test I posted a larger pic of the one above in the test forum. If you want to see it, look for the topic "Jessie 277".

·
Super Moderator
26,541 Posts
I've only uploaded from Photobucket, which was pretty easy (or else I wouldn't have been able to do it). :D

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for that hint, Marie. The thing is, already having uploaded hundreds of photos to Picasaweb, you will understand that it was important to me to learn how to get them from there to here. Which Martho has now shown me how to do.

Your hint is valuable because thanks to it I will try out Photobucket. And so maybe learn a little more!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I prefer using tinypic as its very simple, you don't need an account, it gives you the image code if your not good ad bbcode yet, and you can easily select the movie option and upload movies or animated GIF images.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jessie and the white squirrel

Jessie and the white squirrel:

An interesting episode occurred in our back garden this morning. (This garden is quite large, large enough to subdivide the property, and is mostly grass, bordered by large trees, from which squirrels often descend).

A perfectly white squirrel (albino) was sitting on the back lawn. David threw a classy, large, healthy crunchie biscuit which landed very near the squirrel. The squirrel picked it up and sat there eating it. Jessie approached it carefully, while David watched just in case a rescue became necessary. Jessie went slowly right up to the squirrel and sniffed it with her nose touching it. The squirrel did not move an inch. Then Jessie backed off about a yard and then sat watching the squirrel. Finally the squirrel went back to the trees and climbed up into one of them. Jessie did not pursue it.

Incidentally Jessie is a brilliant tree climber and often climbs these trees. A few days ago she was in the tree pursuing this squirrel but never trying to quite reach it. We do not know where this squirrel comes from. It is not quite fully grown, and seems slightly tame - a bit tamer than the grey ones.

Jessie is now almost 19 months old.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
That sounds like what we would suspect of Murphy if he were outside, which is an interest in prey but not really knowing what to do with it. My husband says he's thinking, "I know I'm supposed to be doing something....."

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Our wounds

Our Wounds

Early yesterday morning I was viewing the scabs on my right forearm with considerable pride, I asked David if he had any and he said no.

That was a situation soon remedied by Jessie. David had the cheek to hold her jaws together, and she didn't like that. She could have ripped him to shreds with her claws, but she doesn't do that. But when he released her jaws she gave him a proper punishment. Six hours later he was still dripping blood all over the house from the bites on his arm and leg.

Good for Jessie! Now I can't boast about my scabs any more.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Re: Jessie and the white squirrel

gurthbruins said:
Jessie and the white squirrel:

An interesting episode occurred in our back garden this morning. (This garden is quite large, large enough to subdivide the property, and is mostly grass, bordered by large trees, from which squirrels often descend).

A perfectly white squirrel (albino) was sitting on the back lawn. David threw a classy, large, healthy crunchie biscuit which landed very near the squirrel. The squirrel picked it up and sat there eating it. Jessie approached it carefully, while David watched just in case a rescue became necessary. Jessie went slowly right up to the squirrel and sniffed it with her nose touching it. The squirrel did not move an inch. Then Jessie backed off about a yard and then sat watching the squirrel. Finally the squirrel went back to the trees and climbed up into one of them. Jessie did not pursue it.

Incidentally Jessie is a brilliant tree climber and often climbs these trees. A few days ago she was in the tree pursuing this squirrel but never trying to quite reach it. We do not know where this squirrel comes from. It is not quite fully grown, and seems slightly tame - a bit tamer than the grey ones.

Jessie is now almost 19 months old.
I would think that Jessie saw where the biscuit came from and assumed you wouldn't approve of her chasing it (the squirrel).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts