Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've posted in the Health & Nutrition section about Jimmy's asthma. Now that he's doing better, I'll use this section to tell you about how *lucky* it was that someone was there when he had his asthma attack.
It happened 8.30 am on Monday morning, at a time when usually both of us would have already left for work. But Partner had taken the morning off, as he booked his van in for repairs, and he was due to leave the flat at about 8.45 am.
So Partner was there when he saw Jimmy gasping and turning blue in the hall!
He couldn't shove him into his little carrying case cos it seemed to hurt him when he picked him up, and he was struggling and panicking. But luckily we still had the cardboard box that our new vacuum cleaner came in, and it was easier to just lie him in that with a cushion.
Again, it was lucky that it was during vet's normal opening hours, so he didn't have to find an emergency vet.
Our vet is a few doors down from a dental surgery. In his haste and panic, Partner ran into the dentist's with Jimmy in his box. He blurted out to the receptionist 'He's gettting worse, so I brought him straight away'.
She said 'Er.. this is the dentist's - I think you want the vet down the road'
At that point, Jimmy's head popped out of the top of the box, looking panicky, and Partner had to wrestle him back down into the box and run down the street to the vet. :lol:
We can laugh about that now, but Partner got a real scare at the time.
And we are *so* fortunate that he was there at the time. Needless to say, he didn't get his van fixed, and he didn't go into work at all that day. He works on a building site - they were not that sympathetci when he said he couldn't come in as his cat was ill. Rotten lot :evil:

seashell

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Partner certainly was there when the chips were down! Does it make you feel guilty about posting on his enebriation in cat tails :lol: ? I'm *so* glad that Jimmy is feeling better. Did the vet have any preventative measures you can go through to help him with his asthma?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jimmy has a narrow squeak

Ha, ha Queen of the Nile..yes it did make me feel guilty :lol:
I think Jimmy and Partner have a special bond now, as they've each saved the other once (see 'Jimmy the Wonder Cat' under Cat Tails)
We're all going back to the vet on Friday, so hopefully i'll get more infor then.

seashell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts